Bios update K9N Platinum

Donkeyman

I tried to update my K9N Platinum from bios 1.2 to 1.4.
I used a bootable dvd with the new bios file and the AMI Flash utility.
Within DOS this utility tells me that there is a "program error", and that I
have to power off the computer. After rebooting the pc everything works
again,
but I still have to use the old bios.
When I try to update with the live update utility within windows, nothing
happens.
I would appreciate your help.

Grunion

Donkeyman,

Unless the upgrade is necessary to fix a specfic problem you posses, you
should just run the old bios. The newest bios isn't necessarily the best
bios for you.

- Grun

Donkeyman wrote:
> I tried to update my K9N Platinum from bios 1.2 to 1.4.
> I used a bootable dvd with the new bios file and the AMI Flash utility.
> Within DOS this utility tells me that there is a "program error", and that I
> have to power off the computer. After rebooting the pc everything works
> again,
> but I still have to use the old bios.
> When I try to update with the live update utility within windows, nothing
> happens.
> I would appreciate your help.

Donkeyman

"Grunion" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:45b4dabf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Donkeyman,
>
> Unless the upgrade is necessary to fix a specfic problem you posses, you
> should just run the old bios. The newest bios isn't necessarily the best
> bios for you.
>
> - Grun
>
> Donkeyman wrote:
>> I tried to update my K9N Platinum from bios 1.2 to 1.4.
>> I used a bootable dvd with the new bios file and the AMI Flash utility.
>> Within DOS this utility tells me that there is a "program error", and
>> that I
>> have to power off the computer. After rebooting the pc everything works
>> again,
>> but I still have to use the old bios.
>> When I try to update with the live update utility within windows, nothing
>> happens.
>> I would appreciate your help.

Grunion, thanks for your answer. In the past I have done many bios upgrades
and have never had any trouble or dead mainboards. This time I do not have a
special reason to upgrade, so I will keep the old bios version.
By the way, I can't find a list of processors which can be used with bios
version 1.2?

K9N Platinum opinion? GS MSI 1 10-29-2006 03:01 PM
MSI K9N Platinum problems... tlahtein@dnainternet.net MSI 2 10-03-2006 12:29 PM
K9N Platinum Dave P MSI 3 08-17-2006 12:45 AM
Soundblaster X-fi in K9N Neo4 Platinum/SLI Nforce 4 chipset problems NoSpam MSI 1 08-10-2006 11:37 PM
K9N Platinum Dave P MSI 0 07-22-2006 09:52 PM