BIOS update for SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 v 1.0

Art

Would appreciate help in updating the BIOS for the SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2
v 1.0 motherboard.

SOYO shows the latest AMI BIOS update 2aa5 dtd. 12/29/04. The executable
file is shown as 4ipe2aa5.exe

In their instructions for flashing the BIOS
(http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=308&mode=1)
they indicate that on the bootable floppy that will be used to flash the
BIOS, the name of the EXE file is to be followed by the ROM.
I do not know how to obtain this "ROM" (file?). Is it something generated by
the BIOS update file?

I raised this question with SOYO tech support via email two weeks ago, but
haven't received any reply. Would appreciate any help you can give me.
Art

Andy

4ipe2aa5.exe is a self extracting Zip archive file containing both the
BIOS ROM and flash program files.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:47:02 -0500, "Art" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Would appreciate help in updating the BIOS for the SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2
>v 1.0 motherboard.
>
>SOYO shows the latest AMI BIOS update 2aa5 dtd. 12/29/04. The executable
>file is shown as 4ipe2aa5.exe
>
>In their instructions for flashing the BIOS
>(http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=308&mode=1)
>they indicate that on the bootable floppy that will be used to flash the
>BIOS, the name of the EXE file is to be followed by the ROM.
>I do not know how to obtain this "ROM" (file?). Is it something generated by
>the BIOS update file?
>
>I raised this question with SOYO tech support via email two weeks ago, but
>haven't received any reply. Would appreciate any help you can give me.
>Art

Art

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:47:02 -0500, "Art" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Would appreciate help in updating the BIOS for the SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon
>>2
>>v 1.0 motherboard.
>>
>>SOYO shows the latest AMI BIOS update 2aa5 dtd. 12/29/04. The executable
>>file is shown as 4ipe2aa5.exe
>>
>>In their instructions for flashing the BIOS
>>(http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=308&mode=1)
>>they indicate that on the bootable floppy that will be used to flash the
>>BIOS, the name of the EXE file is to be followed by the ROM.
>>I do not know how to obtain this "ROM" (file?). Is it something generated
>>by
>>the BIOS update file?
>>
>>I raised this question with SOYO tech support via email two weeks ago, but
>>haven't received any reply. Would appreciate any help you can give me.
>>Art

"Andy" <1@2.3> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 4ipe2aa5.exe is a self extracting Zip archive file containing both the
> BIOS ROM and flash program files.

Many thanks for the info, Andy...
Art