bios version vs revision

Philippe Léveillé

Hello,

I have a problem with an installation of Windows XP on a Aopen motherboard,
model AX6BC,
The current bios settings are the following:
R2.36
Version: 202L4804
05/17/1999-i440BX-00000006C-00

My XP CD did boot up when I tried it on another computer.
I come up with this error:
"Cannot boot from CDROM: Code 5"

I thought that flashing the bios was a good idea...
I know this is tricky business so I just wanted to ask about THIS before:

Do I need to download the .bin file from AOpen web site bearing the SAME
revision number or I can download the most recent one (which in this case is
R2.59)
The whole page on their web site is not very clear about that...

Thank you
Philippe Léveillé, Canada

Philippe Léveillé

Problem solved...

I finally installed the most recent version of the BIOS and it worked.
Maybe AOpen web site should be a little more explicit about what version...
or revision to download

de news: F_8pe.41609$(E-Mail Removed)...