Biostar M7NCD Pro, no IDE

The Psycho

Here's the deal:

Installed a new Biostar M7NCD Pro and the upgrade wend pretty
flawlessly. All the devices were identified (after installing the
drivers from the CD).

I have no IDE devices recognized in the Device Manager. My system has
an IDE CD-RW, and all SCSI hard drives.

On the driver properties for the "Nvidia Nforce IDE controller", it
says that no drivers are required or have been loaded for this device,
and there are no primary or secondary channels listed.

My OS is Win Me, and has been installed for many years. Lots of
changes to software and such, but never upgraded MoBo until now (from
Asus P3V4X with P3-667).

*FWIW, I dual boot to XP pro, and it has no problems at all. Burning
at 48X is not even an issue.

Any advice I can get as to where I can get Me specific IDE drivers
would be good (nVidia has XP IDE drivers, and claims the IDE drivers
are in the unified driver pack for 98SEME)

Thanks.

Bill Woessner

> Any advice I can get as to where I can get Me specific IDE drivers
> would be good (nVidia has XP IDE drivers, and claims the IDE drivers
> are in the unified driver pack for 98SEME)

My best advice would be to ditch Windows ME. Do you honestly need it?

--Bill