Biostar M7NCD

BF

Any opinions on this board? I can't believe the price. I don't usually go
cheap but how bad can it be?

Alan

I just installed one for a client where performance and price was important.
It has only been running for a couple of weeks, no problems.
CPU Barton 2500, Mushkin 3200 (green), and Nvidia 5200FX card. Really nice
value on all 3 components.

It doesn't overclock the same as the Abit NF7-S as FSB increments are 133,
166, 200, etc. no single units. The board detected the processor right away
and ran out of the box. (it did have an issue with a Matrox video card
G550, so I switched to the Nvidia 5200)
Couldn't find shutdown protection in the Bios, but I doubt if it isn't on
the board. No Sata either.

Overall, nice layout, good looking board, LAN is working, sound is 5.1, and
it seems stable so far.

I would put another one in a computer where I know the person won't be
overclocking, won't be looking for firewire or Sata and requires LAN.

Hope this helps,

Alan

"BF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bPCdb.378$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Any opinions on this board? I can't believe the price. I don't usually

go
> cheap but how bad can it be?

BF

Thanks for the info. I do like to play and the FSB increments would be a
drawback, but still a deal for anyone that just wants to upgrade for a very
reasonable price.

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B2Ddb.31423$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> I just installed one for a client where performance and price was

important.
> It has only been running for a couple of weeks, no problems.
> CPU Barton 2500, Mushkin 3200 (green), and Nvidia 5200FX card. Really

nice
> value on all 3 components.
>
> It doesn't overclock the same as the Abit NF7-S as FSB increments are 133,
> 166, 200, etc. no single units. The board detected the processor right

away
> and ran out of the box. (it did have an issue with a Matrox video card
> G550, so I switched to the Nvidia 5200)
> Couldn't find shutdown protection in the Bios, but I doubt if it isn't on
> the board. No Sata either.
>
> Overall, nice layout, good looking board, LAN is working, sound is 5.1,

and
> it seems stable so far.
>
> I would put another one in a computer where I know the person won't be
> overclocking, won't be looking for firewire or Sata and requires LAN.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Alan
>

> "BF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bPCdb.378$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Any opinions on this board? I can't believe the price. I don't usually

> go
> > cheap but how bad can it be?

loonym

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B2Ddb.31423$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> I just installed one for a client where performance and price

was important.
> It has only been running for a couple of weeks, no problems.
> CPU Barton 2500, Mushkin 3200 (green), and Nvidia 5200FX card.

Really nice
> value on all 3 components.
>
> It doesn't overclock the same as the Abit NF7-S as FSB

increments are 133,
> 166, 200, etc. no single units.

In expert mode I've had my M7NCD-Pro to 244 x 9.5
Currently running happily at 211 x 11 with 2x256geil golden
dragon pc3500. It indeeds supports single increment adjustment as
well as vdimm, vcore and chipset voltage fine tuning. Very nice
bargain overclocking board.

The board detected the processor right away
> and ran out of the box. (it did have an issue with a Matrox

video card
> G550, so I switched to the Nvidia 5200)
> Couldn't find shutdown protection in the Bios, but I doubt if

it isn't on
> the board. No Sata either.
>
> Overall, nice layout, good looking board, LAN is working, sound

is 5.1, and
> it seems stable so far.
>
> I would put another one in a computer where I know the person

won't be
> overclocking, won't be looking for firewire or Sata and

requires LAN.

> Hope this helps,
>
> Alan
>

> "BF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bPCdb.378$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Any opinions on this board? I can't believe the price. I

don't usually
> go
> > cheap but how bad can it be?

Alan

Glad to hear, I must have missed that setting in the BIOS. I did check the
board that I had sold for single unit increments and only found as I had
reported. Perhaps you can point out where it was missed. I no longer have
a manual to review.

What about overtemp protection for the CPU?

Alan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...