Biostar M7VIW and GeForce 4 MX 440

Andrew Pierce

I am building a new PC and having issues. The motherboard is a Biostar
M7VIW with AMD Athlon XP 1600. The video card is a PNY GeForce 4 MX
440. When I power up the system, I do not get any video at all. The
drives spin up but I don't even get a beep from the speaker.

I put my old VooDoo 3000 card in the system and it booted up fine.
Then I tried my Radeon 7000 and that would not work either. I read
where it required a 300W power supply so I ran out and got one.
Installed that and no luck.

The bizarre thing, the Geforce card will work in my oldest pc which is
an AMD K6-2 500 Mhz box.

Any clues? I have none.

Thanks.

Andrew

Mangyrat

clear bios a few times (like 4 times)with the jumper and then pull the
batterie for 5 min.
some biostar boards need the bios cleared for them to work right. they make
good boards but crapy bios/updates.

i have a m7viw also ande i had to do the same to get it to work with a ati
8500 and a fx 5200.
also i had to set agp at 2x for the 5200 to work in 3d apps. also make shure
the apg card is in the slot good my case is cheap and when i screwed the
card down it was making the back of the agp card ride up in the end i had to
bend the card mount so that it would seat the card good and not screw it
down tight.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...