Biostar tforce 6100 HT Settings

Ed Light

On the Biostar tforce 6100 there is the normal HT setting in the
overclocking screen, then in the advanced chipset screen there are

NB-->SB HT Speed

The Choices: 4X (default).1X, 2X, 3X, 5X.

NB<--SB HT Speed

The Choices: 4X (default).1X, 2X, 3X, 5X.

Does anyone know if you're supposed to adjust these too?

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
(E-Mail Removed)
Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

user

Ed Light wrote:
> On the Biostar tforce 6100 there is the normal HT setting in the
> overclocking screen, then in the advanced chipset screen there are
>
> NB-->SB HT Speed
>
> The Choices: 4X (default).1X, 2X, 3X, 5X.
>
> NB<--SB HT Speed
>
> The Choices: 4X (default).1X, 2X, 3X, 5X.
>

> Does anyone know if you're supposed to adjust these too?

I have this board but have always left these settings at default. Maybe
the people at this forum could help you:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=963584

Ed Light

> the people at this forum could help you:
> http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=963584

Great! They solved it -- change both.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
(E-Mail Removed)
Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

user

Ed Light wrote:
>> the people at this forum could help you:
>> http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=963584

> Great! They solved it -- change both.

So what kind of results? how much did changing these settings increase
your performance? BTW, what are your opinions of this board? Mine seems
to OC to the max and is very stable. The video is adequate for my
purposes but i don't play many 3d games.

Ed Light

"user" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Ed Light wrote:
>>> the people at this forum could help you:
>>> http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=963584

>> Great! They solved it -- change both.
>>

> So what kind of results? how much did changing these settings increase
> your performance? BTW, what are your opinions of this board? Mine seems to
> OC to the max and is very stable. The video is adequate for my purposes
> but i don't play many 3d games.

We did a 50% overclock on a Sempron 64 2800+ right off the bat.

Changing the ht in the overclocking screen and in the advanced chipset
screen for the
NB <-< SB and NB >-> SB did the trick.

These are the settings:
Clock 300 sets cpu (8x multiplier) at 2400
cpu 1.5v (may do ok with less -- subject of later tests)
ht 3x in all 3 places for a 900 result
memory is ddr500 so it can run at 250. Set it for 166 and it's at 240.

Before overclocking I set the memory to 250 so the slower timings would be
auto-set. I rebooted, looked at the timings, they seemed fine, and I set
them to manual in both places in the list to lock them there so that when I
set the memory to 166 the motherboard wouldn't go to tight timings, which
may not have worked at the actual 240 speed.

It worked right away and survived prime95 overnight.

For user stories check the user reviews on the board at newegg and the
forums at hardocp.com

It's my friend's board. He used to get 6 or 8 fps in World of Warcraft with
an Athlon xp 1700 and geforce 2 mx 200. With the unoverclocked new system
using the onboard video he got 14. Overclocking raised it to 20, and
sometimes it hits 30. He may yet get a video card, and maybe even a sound
card.

The Sempron 64 2800+ overclocked doesn't go above 40C overclocked like that
with the stock heatsink that came with it. Maybe in the summer with a video
card in there it would heat up more.
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/