I have a clarification question about the two bluetooth add-on options for the
iMac G5. There is the option to add “internal Bluetooth Module” only and then
another option to add “Bluetooth Module + Apple Wireless Keyboard & mouse.” Is
the Bluetooth Module in both cases the same? Are the Bluetooth options both
installed within the computer or is one a bluetooth stick type module that is
plugged into the USB 2.0 port in the back of the iMac G5?

Thanks for any help!

Keeper of the Purple Twilight

On 2004-09-22 11:13:10 -0500, John Decker <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> I have a clarification question about the two bluetooth add-on options for the
> iMac G5. There is the option to add “internal Bluetooth Module” only and then
> another option to add “Bluetooth Module + Apple Wireless Keyboard & mouse.” Is
> the Bluetooth Module in both cases the same? Are the Bluetooth options both
> installed within the computer or is one a bluetooth stick type module that is
> plugged into the USB 2.0 port in the back of the iMac G5?
>
> Thanks for any help!

If you add the wireless keyboard & mouse, the internal Bluetooth module
comes with it. So you don't need to check the separate option for just
the Bluetooth module.
--
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I
am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of

Michelle Steiner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Decker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a clarification question about the two bluetooth add-on
> options for the iMac G5. There is the option to add “internal
> Bluetooth Module” only and then another option to add “Bluetooth
> Module + Apple Wireless Keyboard & mouse.” Is the Bluetooth Module
> in both cases the same?

Yes. It is an internal BT module. The internal BT module is available
only as a BTO option and must be ordered from Apple's on-line store.
You can't buy it at their brick and mortar stores, or from authorized
dealers.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

David Magda

Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Yes. It is an internal BT module. The internal BT module is
> available only as a BTO option and must be ordered from Apple's
> on-line store. You can't buy it at their brick and mortar stores,
> or from authorized dealers.

Is the same true for the AirPort Extreme card?

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/

Keeper of the Purple Twilight

On 2004-09-25 11:35:41 -0500, David Magda
<(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Yes. It is an internal BT module. The internal BT module is
>> available only as a BTO option and must be ordered from Apple's
>> on-line store. You can't buy it at their brick and mortar stores,
>> or from authorized dealers.

> Is the same true for the AirPort Extreme card?

No, I think you can buy that one separately. (The *plain* AirPort
card, i.e. non-Extreme, is no longer available)

--
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I
am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of
prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have
a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I
give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but
have not love, I gain nothing."
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

John Proctor

On 2004-09-26 06:24:36 +1000, Keeper of the Purple Twilight
<(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> On 2004-09-25 11:35:41 -0500, David Magda
> <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>
>>> Yes. It is an internal BT module. The internal BT module is
>>> available only as a BTO option and must be ordered from Apple's
>>> on-line store. You can't buy it at their brick and mortar stores,
>>> or from authorized dealers.

>> Is the same true for the AirPort Extreme card?

> No, I think you can buy that one separately. (The *plain* AirPort
> card, i.e. non-Extreme, is no longer available)

Be very careful. The Blutooth module is only available as a BTO option.
If you want it you must order via Apple! Not available in the
aftermarket. The Airport Extreme card is a user installable option. The
AE card (802.11b&g) is a mini PCI card and the old Airport Card
(802.11b only) was a cardbus format.
--
Regards,
John D Proctor

Michelle Steiner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
David Magda <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Yes. It is an internal BT module. The internal BT module is
> > available only as a BTO option and must be ordered from Apple's
> > on-line store. You can't buy it at their brick and mortar stores,
> > or from authorized dealers.

> Is the same true for the AirPort Extreme card?

No, the Airport Extreme card is user-installable and removable,
regardless.

--

In article <2004092515243650073%no@spaminvalid>,
Keeper of the Purple Twilight <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> No, I think you can buy that one separately. (The *plain* AirPort
> card, i.e. non-Extreme, is no longer available)

And that's really moot as regards the G5 because it wouldn't fit in that
machine anyway. In fact, the non-extreme Airport card doesn't work with
or fit in any Macintosh currently in production.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.