bm6 check sum error?

chuck schroeder

On booting a BM6 I get a "check sum error", so that I either need to
'F1' to continue or 'Del' to got to setup. It seems the only loss is
the calendar and clock. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

Chuck

Bird JanitorŪ

chuck schroeder wrote:

| On booting a BM6 I get a "check sum error", so that I either need
| to 'F1' to continue or 'Del' to got to setup. It seems the only loss is
| the calendar and clock. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!
|
| Chuck

Hi Chuck -

Looks like it's probably time for a new motherboard battery.

Meter it and replace if under 3 volts.

This battery maintains your CMOS settings when power is removed from the
motherboard.

Jef

old Sum system heavy dee Sun Hardware 0 12-20-2008 12:38 PM
Continous Bios Check Sum error SK8V mrkkbb_007@hotmail.com Asus 2 09-10-2006 05:14 AM
MD5 Sum from "Dreamweaver MX Installer" Dominik Hirt Apple 0 09-08-2003 01:49 PM
Re: CMOS CHECK SUM ERROR E Threezy Hardware 0 08-20-2003 05:07 AM
Re: CMOS CHECK SUM ERROR Michael P Gabriel Hardware 0 08-19-2003 12:55 AM