Bob Pease 1940-2011

Walter Banks

I just found out that Bob Pease passed away on Saturday. Well known for his
"What's All This . . . Stuff, Anyhow? " lead in to many columns and articles.

I knew Bob for the last twenty plus years, worked with him, debated him
and respected the wealth of knowledge he had.

He liked and got a lot of public attention, in private he was a knowledgeable
engineer with endless interests.

He will be missed, and the world has lost a real character.

Walter Banks
Byte Craft Limited

Steve at fivetrees

On 20/06/2011 20:29, Walter Banks wrote:
> I just found out that Bob Pease passed away on Saturday. Well known for his
> "What's All This . . . Stuff, Anyhow? " lead in to many columns and articles.

And that just after Jim Williams - in fact Bob was returning from Jim's
memorial when he crashed his car:

<http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4217077/Analog-expert-Bob-Pease-dies-in-tragic-accident>

Tragic.

Steve

--
http://www.fivetrees.com

rickman

I was talking to a friend who is also an engineer the other day and he
didn't know who Bob Pease was! I was floored and tried to explain to
him why Bob is so significant. I found that I really couldn't put it
into words adequately. Paul Rako did a great job of it in his
article.

Bob was iconic as a nerds nerd and proud of it. But not the
stereotypical nerd. He was a unique nerdtype all his own. He will be
missed.

Rick

larwe

On Jun 20, 3:29*pm, Walter Banks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I just found out that Bob Pease passed away on Saturday. Well known for his
> "What's All This . . . Stuff, Anyhow? " lead in to many columns and articles.

Our role models die one by one, achievements and discoveries and
original thoughts are silenced one voice at a time, and all we have to
offer our future is PowerPoint and schedule compliance and ROI and CPM
and unique visitor counts.

I sat on my hunkers. I looked through my peepers. I saw the dead
burying the living.

Jim Stewart

larwe wrote:
> On Jun 20, 3:29 pm, Walter Banks<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I just found out that Bob Pease passed away on Saturday. Well known for his
>> "What's All This . . . Stuff, Anyhow? " lead in to many columns and articles.

> Our role models die one by one, achievements and discoveries and
> original thoughts are silenced one voice at a time, and all we have to
> offer our future is PowerPoint and schedule compliance and ROI and CPM
> and unique visitor counts.
>
> I sat on my hunkers. I looked through my peepers. I saw the dead
> burying the living.

Well said.