Boot off SATA or IDE? Does it matter?

hissing_sid

I am currently booting off an IDE hard drive, and I have 4 other SATA
drives on my K9N Neo MB.

Is it worth sacrificing one of the SATA drives as a bootable drive?
Would it make much difference? I will then loose some of my RAID
options.

Or should I leave it all as it is, booting of IDE and using RAID on the
4 SATAs.

Cheers

Grunion

hissing_sid wrote:
> I am currently booting off an IDE hard drive, and I have 4 other SATA
> drives on my K9N Neo MB.
>
> Is it worth sacrificing one of the SATA drives as a bootable drive?
> Would it make much difference? I will then loose some of my RAID
> options.
>
> Or should I leave it all as it is, booting of IDE and using RAID on the
> 4 SATAs.
>
> Cheers

I'd leave it alone.If you wanted to squeeze a little more you could move
your windows cache to the RAID.

- Grun

« K9N Platinum | KT6V »