Boot problems

Birillo

Hi,
I have a problem booting my PC.
I have two hard disks, both with XP.
They are installed on the same ide channel. I have still not configured
the boot.ini, but I cannot understand why the system boots the XP
installed on the slave hd.
The hard disks are set with cable select (I checked the BIOS and they
are correctly assigned as master and slave). I tried to force them to
be master and slave but I have the same problem.

Do you know how it is possible?

Thank you
Gabriele

Mike Walsh

You are probably booting from the master but loading WinXP from the slave. The Boot.ini entry on the master drive should have multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1) if WinXP is on the first partition.

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.