Boot from USB drive

?uzzled

Now that USB drives have come down in price, I'm thinking of getting a 4GB
drive and transferring my current XP Pro folder to it and setting it to boot
from. I'm currently running a NF7-S v2 with the last 2.7 BIOS so it should
boot from USB.

Has anybody else done this on their NF7-S v2 or any other mobo ? Is it
instantaneous boot ? (As the USB drive is electrical, rather than mechanical
like traditional HDD). Any pros and cons I should consider ?

Thanks.

Colon Terminus

No NT based O/S will boot from a removable drive.
Just can't be done.

"?uzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Now that USB drives have come down in price, I'm thinking of getting a 4GB
> drive and transferring my current XP Pro folder to it and setting it to

boot
> from. I'm currently running a NF7-S v2 with the last 2.7 BIOS so it should
> boot from USB.
>
> Has anybody else done this on their NF7-S v2 or any other mobo ? Is it
> instantaneous boot ? (As the USB drive is electrical, rather than

mechanical
> like traditional HDD). Any pros and cons I should consider ?
>
> Thanks.

Garrot

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:51:54 -0400, Colon Terminus wrote:

> No NT based O/S will boot from a removable drive.
> Just can't be done.

Plus they are slow too.