Booting a deskpro EN without keyboard

Jorg

Booting a deskpro EN without keyboard:

As I want to use this as a small print server, I'd like to operate it
without a keyboard (using VNC).

In the bios, there seems to be no entry about 'Halt on no errors', so
if I try to boot without keyboard it halts (with 'keyboard error,
press F1 to continue...)

Is there any way to trick it, or any hidden entry?

Jorg

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:10:02 +0100, Jorg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Booting a deskpro EN without keyboard:
>
>As I want to use this as a small print server, I'd like to operate it
>without a keyboard (using VNC).
>
>In the bios, there seems to be no entry about 'Halt on no errors', so
>if I try to boot without keyboard it halts (with 'keyboard error,
>press F1 to continue...)
>
>Is there any way to trick it, or any hidden entry?

Well, found it after a bright moment:
This softpack contains a patch for most compaq machines

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp0501-1000/SP0667.ZIP

Junior Member

Jorg...

I had exactly the same problem...

Reading your last response above gave me the information I needed...

My Deskpro EN has the option in the BIOS to turn on:
"Network Service Boot"

To turn on this option:
1. Press F10 as the computer is booting. You may have a message
on the right hand side of the computer that indicates this action.
It depends on how you have configured your BIOS options.

2. With the right cursor key go to the "Security" drop down menu.

3. With the down cursor key go to the "Network Service Boot"
Press Enter.

4. With the right cursor key change "Network Service Boot" to
Press F10 to Accept the setting.

5. To save the BIOS go back to "File" -> "Save Changes and Exit"
Press Enter.

This worked for me on a DeskPro EN PIII 1.0 GHz.

Hope it works for you!

Last edited by RFSharpe; 09-21-2007 at 05:32 AM..