booting troble

gonu

i have intel 915 gev motherboard and when
i on power switch fan starts and light flashes of hdd and after few
seconds it stop flashing hdd light my monitor green light turn on and
remains on..
but it shows only white screen and my system doesnt boot.
my power strip,power supply,power connectors,monitor connector are
ok.after 4-5 attempts it boots. i dont
use video card i have inbuilt graphics accelerator.

Davy

What about the Bios CMOS battery... have you checked
this..? NOTE: removing the CMOS battery
for more than about two minutes will result in the Bios setting to
default and you would have to be reset this in the Bios
screen.

You'll get Bios to boot Post (Power On self Test) bleep with just the
minimum of parts, you'll need the CPU, RAM & Graphic card all the
rest can be disconnected inc. the hard drive and you'll be able to
access the bios screen.

If all is well at this stage it will say something to the effect of
'Please insert the disc' asking you for the operating system.... so
with the minimum of parts we have eliminated them.... getting that
bios to boot is the first goal.

If you can get this, then leaving everything disconnected just add the
hard drive, the next goal is getting the hard drive to boot.

The way the thing works when you press that big red power button,
you're kicking the bios out of bed, it does a quick look in the
mirror and if all is well gives a bleep and hands the control over to
the CPU when the hard drive starts to load Windows and any other start
up proggy's into RAM.

Normally (sod's law could apply here).... If a RAM or Graphic card
has a fault the bios normally emits a warning by giving a series of
bleeps which represents a code... "yeah, yeah I know you said
on-board graphics".

See how we go from here... are you getting that bios to boot..?

Davy

booting troble gonu PC Hardware 1 01-16-2007 07:32 PM
Problems booting in OS X after booting in OS 9 Cindy Murray Apple 2 05-17-2004 01:49 PM
Anyone having troble registering with Steam? TooLoudDude ATI 1 12-04-2003 12:21 AM
Re: Booting from an ATAPI Zip drive. ytrewq Abit 2 07-08-2003 10:36 AM
Re: AT7-Max2 not booting Dennis McMillan Abit 0 07-07-2003 07:36 AM