Bought Another Dell 15R

Bob Villa

Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit. $400 free
shipping.

Daddy

You can't imagine how happy I am to hear your news.

Daddy

Bob Villa wrote:
> Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
> 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit. $400 free
> shipping.

Bob Villa

On Jul 5, 6:56*pm, Bob Villa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
> 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit. $400 free
> shipping.

Ordered the 4th, shipped the 5th. Est. delivery the 7th! Impressive.

RnR

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 01:55:45 -0400, Daddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You can't imagine how happy I am to hear your news.
>
>Daddy
>
>Bob Villa wrote:
>> Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
>> 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit. $400 free
>> shipping.

Daddy, imagine how happy you are to hear that I couldn't resist NOT
ordering the same and saved $400 in cold hard cash !!!!

Timothy Daniels

"Bob Villa" wrote:
> Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
> 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit.
> $400 free shipping.

I hope you bought the extended warranty, too. [hee, hee]
My XPS M1330 laptop had to be serviced at least 3 times with
major parts replacements, e.g. graphics card, wall wart, CPU's
heatsink, etc. Fortunately, I had bought the extended warranty,
and all I lost was time. Dell paid for the parts and technician visits
and it lost the money on that one. Without an extended warranty,
you might as well just throw a $400 laptop away if it needs major
work and look for a more reliable PC. So... how much did the
15R cost with the extended warranty?

*TimDaniels*

Bob Villa

On Jul 6, 4:46*pm, "Timothy Daniels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Bob Villa" wrote:
> > Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
> > 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit.
> > $400 free shipping.

> * * I hope you bought the extended warranty, too. *[hee, hee]
> My XPS M1330 laptop had to be serviced at least 3 times with
> major parts replacements, e.g. graphics card, wall wart, CPU's
> heatsink, etc. *Fortunately, I had bought the extended warranty,
> and all I lost was time. *Dell paid for the parts and technician visits
> and it lost the money on that one. *Without an extended warranty,
> you might as well just throw a $400 laptop away if it needs major
> work and look for a more reliable PC. *So... how much did the
> 15R cost with the extended warranty?
>
> *TimDaniels*

The 1st one (15R) had a touch pad problem a week before the one year
warranty expired and they took care of it. I don't believe in extended
warranties. And that was the only problem I ever had with 4 new Dells.
Friends that have bought Dells (on my recommendation) have not had
problems either. About 5 people at work for their home use.

lgreenwood@srt.com

On Jul 6, 3:46*pm, "Timothy Daniels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Bob Villa" wrote:
> > Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
> > 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit.
> > $400 free shipping.

> * * I hope you bought the extended warranty, too. *[hee, hee]
> My XPS M1330 laptop had to be serviced at least 3 times with
> major parts replacements, e.g. graphics card, wall wart, CPU's
> heatsink, etc. *Fortunately, I had bought the extended warranty,
> and all I lost was time. *Dell paid for the parts and technician visits
> and it lost the money on that one. *Without an extended warranty,
> you might as well just throw a $400 laptop away if it needs major
> work and look for a more reliable PC. *So... how much did the
> 15R cost with the extended warranty?
>
> *TimDaniels*

Ditto on my XPS M1530...Which PCs are more reliable?

Larry

Daddy

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Jul 6, 3:46 pm, "Timothy Daniels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Bob Villa" wrote:
>>> Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
>>> 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit.
>>> $400 free shipping.

>> I hope you bought the extended warranty, too. [hee, hee]
>> My XPS M1330 laptop had to be serviced at least 3 times with
>> major parts replacements, e.g. graphics card, wall wart, CPU's
>> heatsink, etc. Fortunately, I had bought the extended warranty,
>> and all I lost was time. Dell paid for the parts and technician visits
>> and it lost the money on that one. Without an extended warranty,
>> you might as well just throw a $400 laptop away if it needs major
>> work and look for a more reliable PC. So... how much did the
>> 15R cost with the extended warranty?
>>
>> *TimDaniels*

> Ditto on my XPS M1530...Which PCs are more reliable?
>
> Larry

The ones you build yourself.

Daddy

Timothy Daniels

"Bob Villa" wrote:

The 1st one (15R) had a touch pad problem a week before the one year
warranty expired and they took care of it. I don't believe in extended
warranties. And that was the only problem I ever had with 4 new Dells.
Friends that have bought Dells (on my recommendation) have not had
problems either. About 5 people at work for their home use.

I don't believe in them, either - unless they're for business laptops. The time
saved by having experienced technicians and parts dispatched to my home
in 24 hrs made the extended warranty worthwhile even though, the laptop
wasn't generating income. For a desktop PC (which I feel confident
enough to work on myself) and for entertainment gear, extended warranties
are bad investments. I believe the XPS Mxxx line of laptops had a design
problem involving overheating, and I hope that it was unusual for Dell
laptops.

*TimDaniels*

Bob Villa

On Jul 6, 5:58*am, Bob Villa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jul 5, 6:56*pm, Bob Villa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Couldn't resist the deal! i3,3GbRAM,320GbHDD,Win7
> > 64bit,Wireless,Webcam,BlueTooth,6-cell battery,LED backlit. $400 free
> > shipping.

> Ordered the 4th, shipped the 5th. Est. delivery the 7th! Impressive.

Some things I didn't expect, HDMI,SD card slot,eSATA port. And a
driver/utility CD. (No OS DVD as expected) It has a better lid design
now.

Dell Inspiron 15R laptop RnR Dell 20 03-09-2013 02:42 PM
Another post about V4L, ARM and OpenCV on another embedded platform allsey87 Embedded 1 08-15-2011 07:33 AM
another newbie, possibly another dead tiger... daimonde Tyan 0 05-01-2006 10:33 PM
Bought a new G5 - Now iTunes says I'm not authorized to play songs I bought John Shepardson Apple 28 03-10-2005 09:02 PM