Broken part on 8rda+, can't recognize

Rook

At first I must sorry for my bad english

I've got broken part on my epox 8rda+ and I cant remove it becouse i don't
exactly know what is it.

I think that is SMD condenser, but what exactly?

Thanks for your help.

here is foto of this part anl location
http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smdlg7.jpg

Graham W

Rook wrote:
> At first I must sorry for my bad english
>
> I've got broken part on my epox 8rda+ and I cant remove it becouse i
> don't exactly know what is it.
>
> I think that is SMD condenser, but what exactly?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> here is foto of this part anl location
> http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smdlg7.jpg

It is not a Capacitor (Condenser). All ID reference numbers for capcitors
start with 'C', like C456 nearby. I think it is a fuse and may be
associated
with the Joystick port, which it is very close to, or maybe a Usb port
header.

What has stopped working to make you suspicious?

WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps

Paul

Graham W wrote:

> Rook wrote:
>> At first I must sorry for my bad english
>>
>> I've got broken part on my epox 8rda+ and I cant remove it becouse i
>> don't exactly know what is it.
>>
>> I think that is SMD condenser, but what exactly?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>

>> here is foto of this part anl location
>> http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smdlg7.jpg

> It is not a Capacitor (Condenser). All ID reference numbers for capcitors
> start with 'C', like C456 nearby. I think it is a fuse and may be
> associated
> with the Joystick port, which it is very close to, or maybe a Usb port
> header.
>
> What has stopped working to make you suspicious?
>

> --
> Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
> WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
> Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps
> Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Another possibility, is "FB" might stand for Ferrite Bead, a filtering
element. PDF page 17 has some examples of chip beads, suitable for
surface mount applications. The DC resistance of the Ferrite Bead should
be close to zero. If it measures an open circuit, then it could be
broken. It is basically a wire, with ferrite material around it.

http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/pdf...d_Level_SM.pdf

Paul

dave

"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:f3g32g$g9e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Graham W wrote:
>>
>> Rook wrote:
>>> At first I must sorry for my bad english
>>>
>>> I've got broken part on my epox 8rda+ and I cant remove it becouse i
>>> don't exactly know what is it.
>>>
>>> I think that is SMD condenser, but what exactly?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>

>>> here is foto of this part anl location
>>> http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smdlg7.jpg

>> It is not a Capacitor (Condenser). All ID reference numbers for capcitors
>> start with 'C', like C456 nearby. I think it is a fuse and may be
>> associated
>> with the Joystick port, which it is very close to, or maybe a Usb port
>> header.
>>
>> What has stopped working to make you suspicious?
>>

>> --
>> Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
>> WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
>> Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps
>> Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.
>>

> Another possibility, is "FB" might stand for Ferrite Bead, a filtering
> element. PDF page 17 has some examples of chip beads, suitable for
> surface mount applications. The DC resistance of the Ferrite Bead should
> be close to zero. If it measures an open circuit, then it could be
> broken. It is basically a wire, with ferrite material around it.
>
> http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/pdf...d_Level_SM.pdf
>
> Paul

Whatever it is, it's burned up. Something must have shorted.

DaveL

Rook via HWKB.com

Paul wrote:
>>> At first I must sorry for my bad english
>>>

>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>> Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps
>> Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

>Another possibility, is "FB" might stand for Ferrite Bead, a filtering
>element. PDF page 17 has some examples of chip beads, suitable for
>surface mount applications. The DC resistance of the Ferrite Bead should
>be close to zero. If it measures an open circuit, then it could be
>broken. It is basically a wire, with ferrite material around it.
>
>http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/pdf...d_Level_SM.pdf
>
> Paul

It may be Ferrite Bead, searching on teh net i found that it may be SMD 1206
0 Ohm. Coud be it?

something lika that: http://www.cyfronika.com.pl/RYSUNKI/smdrez.jpg

part by part diagram lebu sherker Intel 1 12-09-2009 07:21 PM
Broken CD-ROM drive, or broken Mac? Cool dude Apple 11 10-21-2003 07:07 AM
KR7A Raid doesn't recognize extra memory Scott Abit 1 10-17-2003 11:32 PM
broken part MP MSI 2 10-08-2003 06:59 AM
8KHA+ broken part "Q 39" Wombat Epox 5 07-18-2003 06:10 PM