Where to buy RAM?

Michelle Steiner

In article <pPmth.39493$(E-Mail Removed)>,
NRen2k5 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> No matter how bad anybody can think Hillary is, I just don't see
> >> how she can be any worse than King George.

> > Oh, ****; the world is coming to an end. NRen2k5 and I agree on
> > something.

> It gets better. In December, I bought an iPod.
>
> (Late 2006 iPod Video, 30GB)
>
> It was the gapless playback that did it for me.

Next step in your rehab is for you to buy a Macintosh computer. <g>

--
Support the troops: Bring them home ASAP.

Wes Groleau

Davoud wrote:
> Yes. Damned reporters out there digging for the truth -- and don't try
> to tell me that the /vast/ majority are doing otherwise, because I know

I didn't say there was anything wrong with them reporting it.

I said it seemed worse than in the past _because_ they
were reporting it. Actually, it probably was a bit worse.

Three factors:

1. Because the election was closer, BOTH sides had more motivation
to apply dirty tricks. Which they certainly did.

2. Because the election was closed, the media had more motivation
to expose all the shenanigans.

3. Because of technology, there were a lot more opportunities
to find out about some of those shenanigans.

--
Wes Groleau

Truth often suffers more from the heat of its defenders
than from the arguments of its opposers.
-- William Penn

Shawn Hirn

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> A friend of mine needs to buy more RAM for her PowerBook G4. (She has
> only 256 megs right now, and is running Tiger 10.4.9.) She lives in
> Oakland, CA, and wants to buy and install it today or tomorrow, so mail
> order is not an option for her.
>
> I told her not to buy it from Apple because Apple's RAM prices are too
> high, but I don't know of any place other than Fry's, which (1) I don't
> trust all that much, and (2) is quite a bit out of the way for her.
>
> Any constructive suggestions?

Buy online from www.crucial.com which is where Apple buys RAM from.

Matthew T. Russotto

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Matthew T. Russotto) wrote:
>
>> We've got John McCain(R), who acts mostly like a Democrat but
>> remembers he's a Republican when the subject of censorship comes up
>> (he's for it).

>Acts like a Democrat? He's anti-choice and homophobic. He is about as
>much of a Democrat as Hatch.

He combines the vices of both parties with the virtues of neither.
result in a fully-depreciated one.

Matthew T. Russotto

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Matthew T. Russotto) wrote:
>
>> >You vote in every election. Everybody votes. If you stay home you
>> >have voted for the winner, whoever that may be.

>> Nonsense. One who doesn't vote simply hasn't voted. He has not
>> voted for the winner.

>By not voting against him, he has helped him win.

No; he has neither helped nor hindered him. If the non-voter did not
exist at all, the outcome would be no different.

>> >Still, I'm surprised that someone who claims not to vote would
>> >participate in a political discussion. Such a person can only praise
>> >whoever is in office, and never criticize that person.

>> Fortunately, there's no such rule. Even minors, non-citizens, and
>> convicted felons can participate in political discussions (even
>> off-topic ones); voluntary non-voters are equally included.

>Oh sure; he has the right to complain, but he doesn't have the standing
>to complain.

Anyone adversely affected by the actions of the politician has the
standing to complain.
result in a fully-depreciated one.

Michelle Steiner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
(E-Mail Removed) (Matthew T. Russotto) wrote:

> >> We've got John McCain(R), who acts mostly like a Democrat but
> >> remembers he's a Republican when the subject of censorship comes
> >> up (he's for it).

> >Acts like a Democrat? He's anti-choice and homophobic. He is about
> >as much of a Democrat as Hatch.

> He combines the vices of both parties with the virtues of neither.

And I'm stuck with him. But he's not nearly as bad as our junior
senator, Jon Kyle.

If McCain gets the GOP nomination in 08, his senate seat is Napolitano's
for the taking if she wants it.

In 02, she won the governorship by a squeaker (51.x%), but in 06, she
won with more than 70% of the vote

--
Support the troops: Bring them home ASAP.

Tim McNamara

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Matthew T. Russotto) wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Nonsense. One who doesn't vote simply hasn't voted. He has not
> >> voted for the winner.

> >By not voting against him, he has helped him win.

> No; he has neither helped nor hindered him. If the non-voter did not
> exist at all, the outcome would be no different.

An accurate point, of course, from the objective point of view. At
least when talking about election. With referenda, not voting is
essentially the same as a no vote. The viewpoint from the politically
passionate tends to be "you voted against the loser if you didn't vote"
even though logically- and mathematically- incorrect.

Tim McNamara

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
(E-Mail Removed) (Matthew T. Russotto) wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> > (E-Mail Removed) (Matthew T. Russotto) wrote:
> >
> >> We've got John McCain(R), who acts mostly like a Democrat but
> >> remembers he's a Republican when the subject of censorship comes
> >> up (he's for it).

> >Acts like a Democrat? He's anti-choice and homophobic. He is about
> >as much of a Democrat as Hatch.

> He combines the vices of both parties with the virtues of neither.

LOL!

Wes Groleau

Wes Groleau wrote:
> blah, blah, ....

I hope you had no trouble figuring out my typo.
The election was not "closed" -- it was _closer_
(than other elections)

--
Wes Groleau
-----------

Ilgaz Ícal

On 2007-01-20 05:26:28 +0200, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:19:17 -0800, Michelle Steiner wrote
> (in article <(E-Mail Removed)>):

>>> <http://www.crucial.com>

>> Brick and mortar; she wants to be able to go there today or tomorrow and
>> install the RAM the same day.
>>

> I would try Best Buy with their Geek Guys service to install the ram.

And if it fails, they may tell you to press DEL while booting the
Machine to setup some BIOS settings Happened to a friend...

I would prefer a store with neccessary mac expertise even if I would
install RAM myself. At least they would know what "Apple Hardware Test"
is

Crucial seems to know Mac business.

Ilgaz