When will buying games be cheaper and better than pirating games.

Skybuck Flying

Some things to keep in mind:

1. When games cost less than one euro it becomes more interesting to simply
buy the cd or dvd, because downloading would require more money for
electricity.

2. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
in the drive, possibly damaging the disc during switching.

3. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
in the drive, switching cd/dvd's is annoying.

4. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
in the drive, which makes a lot of noise which is annoying.

However

5. When buying games no more crack needed and online play might work
sometimes better than pirates.

6,7,8 When pirating games, no stupid cd/dvd's needed like in points 2,3,4
mostly for single player.

9. CD/DVD's had rootkits hahahahahahaha.

10. Downloads may have bad stuff as well, not encountered any yet though

So for game publishes to make buying games more interesting than pirating
games:

1. Costs have to be reduced further.

2. Easy of use has to be increased.

Which means:

1. Make games cheaper than the electricity costs for downloading games.

2. Makes games easy and comfortable to play without requireing stupid cd/dvd
hassle and risks.

Keep in mind energy costs are rising, so stay sharp !

Bye,
Skybuck.

pjp

For me,

#1 is have the games actually work straight out of the box given you meet
DECLARED system specs. If not, developers should demand retail outlets will
refund money spent.

I have no #2 that's reasonable to expect to have happen.

I have two modern games refuse to install on my XP-Pro box, Tiger Woods 2007
and NFS-Carbon. They do install on my laptop running XP Home. Copy install
over, figure out reg entries to export/import, find missing dll and copy and
they both actually run no problem. I feel no negativeity at all given my
time to get game to works certainly was worth more than what it might have
cost for 2nd copy of game so no problem having it installed on both and
using a "no-cd" crack.

"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ebd8c$4790d0fc$541983fa$(E-Mail Removed)1.n b.home.nl...
> Some things to keep in mind:
>
> 1. When games cost less than one euro it becomes more interesting to

simply
> buy the cd or dvd, because downloading would require more money for
> electricity.
>
> 2. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
> in the drive, possibly damaging the disc during switching.
>
> 3. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
> in the drive, switching cd/dvd's is annoying.
>
> 4. When buying games there is still the problem of requiring the cd or dvd
> in the drive, which makes a lot of noise which is annoying.
>
> However
>
> 5. When buying games no more crack needed and online play might work
> sometimes better than pirates.
>
> 6,7,8 When pirating games, no stupid cd/dvd's needed like in points 2,3,4
> mostly for single player.
>
> 9. CD/DVD's had rootkits hahahahahahaha.
>
> 10. Downloads may have bad stuff as well, not encountered any yet though

> So for game publishes to make buying games more interesting than pirating
> games:
>
> 1. Costs have to be reduced further.
>
> 2. Easy of use has to be increased.
>
> Which means:
>
> 1. Make games cheaper than the electricity costs for downloading games.
>
> 2. Makes games easy and comfortable to play without requireing stupid

cd/dvd
> hassle and risks.
>
> Keep in mind energy costs are rising, so stay sharp !
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

peter

go find something else to do...your boring us
peter

Ryan Hatfield

Skybuck Flying wrote:
> So for game publishes to make buying games more interesting than pirating
> games:
>
> 1. Costs have to be reduced further.
>
> 2. Easy of use has to be increased.
>
> Which means:
>
> 1. Make games cheaper than the electricity costs for downloading games.
>
> 2. Makes games easy and comfortable to play without requireing stupid cd/dvd
> hassle and risks.
>
> Keep in mind energy costs are rising, so stay sharp !
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Very soon if you live in Beaumont, Texas.

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...eek+exclusives

Skybuck Flying

Well,

Internet providers could start with informing their users how much bandwidth
they used per month before switching to a new model, so people have an idea
of their usage.

I for example have no idea what my usage would be though I estimate
sometimes maybe 40 GB per month and sometimes maybe only 1 GB per month or
so.

So it can fluctuate quite a lot.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Ryan Hatfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> So for game publishes to make buying games more interesting than pirating
>> games:
>>
>> 1. Costs have to be reduced further.
>>
>> 2. Easy of use has to be increased.
>>
>> Which means:
>>
>> 1. Make games cheaper than the electricity costs for downloading games.
>>
>> 2. Makes games easy and comfortable to play without requireing stupid
>> cd/dvd hassle and risks.
>>
>> Keep in mind energy costs are rising, so stay sharp !
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.

> Very soon if you live in Beaumont, Texas.
>
> http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...eek+exclusives

Bushy

Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Well,
>
> Internet providers could start with informing their users how much bandwidth
> they used per month before switching to a new model, so people have an idea
> of their usage.
>
> I for example have no idea what my usage would be though I estimate
> sometimes maybe 40 GB per month and sometimes maybe only 1 GB per month or
> so.
>
> So it can fluctuate quite a lot.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
>
> "Ryan Hatfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>>> So for game publishes to make buying games more interesting than pirating
>>> games:
>>>
>>> 1. Costs have to be reduced further.
>>>
>>> 2. Easy of use has to be increased.
>>>
>>> Which means:
>>>
>>> 1. Make games cheaper than the electricity costs for downloading games.
>>>
>>> 2. Makes games easy and comfortable to play without requireing stupid
>>> cd/dvd hassle and risks.
>>>
>>> Keep in mind energy costs are rising, so stay sharp !
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> Skybuck.

>> Very soon if you live in Beaumont, Texas.
>>
>> http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...eek+exclusives

welcome to the internet in australia. broadband internet access here has
always been usage based. currently my household gets 12GB at up to
1.5MB/s for AU$70 per month, with speed throttled to dial up 64kB if you
go over that. the ADSL2+ plans tend to be cheaper and faster with more
usage, but the exchanges required aren't always available.

Bushy

Ed Medlin

<Snip all excuses>

You are a theif and should be prosecuted as such. The hundreds (or probably
thousands in your case) of dollars you have pirated is just like robbing
your neighbor or stealing a car. Someone did the work to make the games you
steal just like an auto worker builds a car or your neighbor earns his
living.

Ed

Don

"Ed Medlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5dJkj.734$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> <Snip all excuses>
>

> You are a theif and should be prosecuted as such. The hundreds (or
> probably thousands in your case) of dollars you have pirated is just like
> robbing your neighbor or stealing a car. Someone did the work to make the
> games you steal just like an auto worker builds a car or your neighbor
> earns his living.

Yep, once a thief, always a thief...

--
Don