calibration on Toshiba 3500

Craig Mathews

I use a Toshiba and have found that calibration requires
a trick. First, calibreate by tapping the exact center of
each crosshair. Then check out the settings, noticing the
offset in each corner, on average. You can then
recalibrate and tap away from the crosshairs toward the
offset for each corner (if the offset was originally 1/8
inch to the right, tap 1/8 inch to the right). After a
couple tries, you'll have a good calibration.
Unfortunately, it still won't be perfect everywhere.

One thing I've done is to use a graph paper template in
Journal and tped on intersections of the grid to test
calibration across the screen to get a better feel for
the offset.

Another option is to load the Wacom Tablet PC driver.
This was designed to specifically resolve the offest
issue on the Toshibas.
http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm

I have not confirmed this, but the driver may have caused
some issues in my system stability. Let me know if this
doesn't work.

Craig Mathews
(E-Mail Removed)
Author of Absolute Beginner's Guide to Tablet PCs (due
out late 2003)

with the primary
>portrait orientation and never change. Also, my

calibration will be good in
>the center and somewhat on the left of the screen, but

the right side is
>always way off - the cursor is always to the left of my

pen when I click
>something on the right side of the screen. I try to be

very careful when
>calibrating - pointing precisely within the crosshairs,

but it doesn't help.