can any one recommend a north bridge fan for a nf7 v 2.0??

huzden

Just built a pc for my sister all went well ( eventually) except the
northbridge fan which makes a clicking noise as it spins , its seems its the
wire being hit by the fan blades as it they go around, which gets worse the
faster it goes.

So im looking for a replacement to fit a abit nf7 nv2.0 motherboard. Can
anyone recomend one??? doesnt have to be heavy duty no overclocking to be
done.

Im in the uk so a uk vender is a must also not to fancy.
thanks in advance hope you can help

dan

--
Remove mypants from email address to reply

Wayne Youngman

"huzden" wrote
> So im looking for a replacement to fit a abit nf7 nv2.0 motherboard. Can
> anyone recomend one??? doesnt have to be heavy duty no overclocking to be
> done.

Hi,
I think the Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Blue Heatsink should suit you fine!

I think this is the lowest price for the Zalman in the U.K (seen it sell for
twice this price on other sites), they also do Free P&P, have no worries I
bought from them plenty, great service!

http://www.thecoolingshop.com/produc...roducts_id/696

--
Wayne ][

huzden

wow what a quick reply!

I had looked at this one but was worried about the Fitting but looks just
what im after , bit annoyed by this as the motherboard is brand new only fot
it thursday feel a little cheated especitally since the pc isnt for me.

Abit pull your finger out!

thanks for the info wayne ill have a fiddle first see what i can do then buy
it if have to. ( got to connect the reset switch anyway which i forgot!).

thanks again

dan

--
Remove mypants from email address to reply
"Wayne Youngman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40de13d9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "huzden" wrote
> > So im looking for a replacement to fit a abit nf7 nv2.0 motherboard. Can
> > anyone recomend one??? doesnt have to be heavy duty no overclocking to

be
> > done.

> Hi,
> I think the Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Blue Heatsink should suit you

fine!

> I think this is the lowest price for the Zalman in the U.K (seen it sell

for
> twice this price on other sites), they also do Free P&P, have no worries I
> bought from them plenty, great service!
>
> http://www.thecoolingshop.com/produc...roducts_id/696
>
> --
> Wayne ][

GTD

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:48:01 +0100, "huzden"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>wow what a quick reply!
>
>I had looked at this one but was worried about the Fitting but looks just
>what im after , bit annoyed by this as the motherboard is brand new only fot
>it thursday feel a little cheated especitally since the pc isnt for me.
>
>Abit pull your finger out!
>
>thanks for the info wayne ill have a fiddle first see what i can do then buy
>it if have to. ( got to connect the reset switch anyway which i forgot!).
>
>thanks again
>
>dan

I use the NB47J on mine also, and it seems to work fine, although my
CPU and VPU are watercooled, so the heat from them is taken all the
way out of the case.
The fit is good, but I would worrk a little if you don't have good
case temps or airflow. OTOH, That cheesy little HSF that comes stock
looks a little scrawny in the first place.

You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
that will make things a lot smoother.
-Felatio Love