Can I completely copy one hd to another?

Jackie

As I stated in a earlier post I plan on replacing our 80gig hd with a
Seagate 250gig and wondered if there was a way to just completely copy the
80gb onto the 250bg so the 250 will become the primary C drive, I plan on
taking the 80gb hd out and put it into my daughters PC.

hdrdtd

Any one of many disk imaging software programs will do that. I prefer to use
Acronis TrueImage.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/

"Jackie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> As I stated in a earlier post I plan on replacing our 80gig hd with a
> Seagate 250gig and wondered if there was a way to just completely copy the
> 80gb onto the 250bg so the 250 will become the primary C drive, I plan on
> taking the 80gb hd out and put it into my daughters PC.

Colin Wilson

> As I stated in a earlier post I plan on replacing our 80gig hd with a
> Seagate 250gig and wondered if there was a way to just completely copy the
> 80gb onto the 250bg so the 250 will become the primary C drive, I plan on
> taking the 80gb hd out and put it into my daughters PC.

Acronis True Image can do that for you.

Ben Myers

Seagate's SeaTools is free and would obviously work with a Seagate drive. I
use it a lot, 'cause I am thrifty... Ben Myers

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:10:28 -0500, "Jackie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>As I stated in a earlier post I plan on replacing our 80gig hd with a
>Seagate 250gig and wondered if there was a way to just completely copy the
>80gb onto the 250bg so the 250 will become the primary C drive, I plan on
>taking the 80gb hd out and put it into my daughters PC.

Tom Scales

That's what I recommend too, but the last time I checked, it wasn't on their
site. They replaced it with Trialware of something, can't remember what,
and it didn't work at all. Might be back by now.

Tom
"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seagate's SeaTools is free and would obviously work with a Seagate drive.
> use it a lot, 'cause I am thrifty... Ben Myers
>
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:10:28 -0500, "Jackie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>As I stated in a earlier post I plan on replacing our 80gig hd with a
>>Seagate 250gig and wondered if there was a way to just completely copy the
>>80gb onto the 250bg so the 250 will become the primary C drive, I plan on
>>taking the 80gb hd out and put it into my daughters PC.

Jackie

Tom and Ben I agree with you two, I would much rather not have to pay $50 to
do this.. I just checked Seatools and they seem to be geared towards a
utility to detect problem hard drives, BUT I see where they also have a
program called Migrate Easy which looks exactly like what I'm looking for..
Correct??

"Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45ef102d$0$13289$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's what I recommend too, but the last time I checked, it wasn't on
> their site. They replaced it with Trialware of something, can't remember
> what, and it didn't work at all. Might be back by now.
>
> Tom
> "Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Seagate's SeaTools is free and would obviously work with a Seagate drive.
>> use it a lot, 'cause I am thrifty... Ben Myers
>>
>> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:10:28 -0500, "Jackie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>As I stated in a earlier post I plan on replacing our 80gig hd with a
>>>Seagate 250gig and wondered if there was a way to just completely copy
>>>the
>>>80gb onto the 250bg so the 250 will become the primary C drive, I plan on
>>>taking the 80gb hd out and put it into my daughters PC.

Tom Scales

Well, Migrate easy is the new one. Should work.

"Jackie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Tom and Ben I agree with you two, I would much rather not have to pay $50
> to do this.. I just checked Seatools and they seem to be geared towards a
> utility to detect problem hard drives, BUT I see where they also have a
> program called Migrate Easy which looks exactly like what I'm looking
> for.. Correct??
>

> "Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45ef102d$0$13289$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> That's what I recommend too, but the last time I checked, it wasn't on
>> their site. They replaced it with Trialware of something, can't remember
>> what, and it didn't work at all. Might be back by now.
>>
>> Tom
>> "Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Seagate's SeaTools is free and would obviously work with a Seagate
>>> drive. I
>>> use it a lot, 'cause I am thrifty... Ben Myers

Boris

"Jackie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

Migrate Easy is an Acronis product, available on their website for $40,
and also as a 'free for 15 days' download trial.

I wonder if the Acronis Migrate Easy that's offered on the Seagate site
is crippled after 15 days.

The User Guide on both sites is identical.

http://www.seagate.com/support/discw...y7.0_ug.en.pdf

> Tom and Ben I agree with you two, I would much rather not have to pay
> $50 to do this.. I just checked Seatools and they seem to be geared
> towards a utility to detect problem hard drives, BUT I see where they
> also have a program called Migrate Easy which looks exactly like what
> I'm looking for.. Correct??
>

> "Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45ef102d$0$13289$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> That's what I recommend too, but the last time I checked, it wasn't
>> on their site. They replaced it with Trialware of something, can't
>> remember what, and it didn't work at all. Might be back by now.
>>
>> Tom
>> "Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Seagate's SeaTools is free and would obviously work with a Seagate
>>> drive. I
>>> use it a lot, 'cause I am thrifty... Ben Myers

Barry Watzman

Yes, with an imaging program (Acronis TrueImage, Symantec Ghost or
PowerQuest Drive Image (no longer sold, but still available)).

Jackie wrote:
> As I stated in a earlier post I plan on replacing our 80gig hd with a
> Seagate 250gig and wondered if there was a way to just completely copy the
> 80gb onto the 250bg so the 250 will become the primary C drive, I plan on
> taking the 80gb hd out and put it into my daughters PC.

Tom Scales

Yes, it is the trailware
news:(E-Mail Removed)...