Can I just transfer OS 9.2 system folder to New iMac?

underemployed

I've got a Powerbook Pismo and want to transfer everything over to a New
iMac. I plan on transfering everyting via Target Disk Mode. Can I just
drag my old 9.2 system folder over to the new iMac and have usage of all
my old programs?

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Bev A. Kupf

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:13:43 -0600,
Dave Balderstone (dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca) wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> underemployed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I've got a Powerbook Pismo and want to transfer everything over to a New
>> iMac. I plan on transfering everyting via Target Disk Mode. Can I just
>> drag my old 9.2 system folder over to the new iMac and have usage of all
>> my old programs?

> In my experience, yes. When you run Classic for the first time OS X
> will install the Classic support files it needs, and you'll be fine.

Same experience here, between a G4 and a G5, and between a Pismo
and an Albook.

--
If any ask why we died, tell them 'Because George Bush lied'.
Don't re-elect a liar. Vote for Kerry on November 2, 2004.