Can my NF7-S 2.0 boot from SATA in bios ?

Little TeaPot

Can my NF7-S 2.0 boot from SATA in bios ?

But still allow me to leave my other drive a primary IDE so if i wish
i can leave that just where it is and have it as a backup drive with
Xp installed so if the SATA gos down i can just swtich off SATA and be
fine ?

If you know what i mean.

BigBadger

"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Can my NF7-S 2.0 boot from SATA in bios ?
>
> But still allow me to leave my other drive a primary IDE so if i wish
> i can leave that just where it is and have it as a backup drive with
> Xp installed so if the SATA gos down i can just swtich off SATA and be
> fine ?
>
> If you know what i mean.

Yes, that's exactly how I run mine. Just select SATA as the first boot
device.

Little TeaPot

And will the second ATA drive show up ? and be usable and not
interfere with the SATA drives speed ?

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 06:15:49 +0100, "BigBadger"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Can my NF7-S 2.0 boot from SATA in bios ?
>>
>> But still allow me to leave my other drive a primary IDE so if i wish
>> i can leave that just where it is and have it as a backup drive with
>> Xp installed so if the SATA gos down i can just swtich off SATA and be
>> fine ?
>>
>> If you know what i mean.
>>

>Yes, that's exactly how I run mine. Just select SATA as the first boot
>device.

BigBadger

"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> And will the second ATA drive show up ? and be usable and not
> interfere with the SATA drives speed ?

Yep, it will show up and run just fine

Little TeaPot

Yeah did a Hdtach test on my new SATA drive did 100 old drive does 50
, all the partitions are setup, using PartitionMagic XP now.

Where can i get the SATA drivers, well new ones for my NF7-S 2.0 ?

Thanks.

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:14:01 +0100, "BigBadger"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> And will the second ATA drive show up ? and be usable and not
>> interfere with the SATA drives speed ?

>Yep, it will show up and run just fine

Mike Bernstein

http://www.siliconimage.com/home.asp. Enter 'drivers' in the search box and
click 'Go'. On the next page click 'Downloads' in the list on the left, then
'Drivers', then 'Sil3x12' and pick what you want.

"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Yeah did a Hdtach test on my new SATA drive did 100 old drive does 50
> , all the partitions are setup, using PartitionMagic XP now.
>
> Where can i get the SATA drivers, well new ones for my NF7-S 2.0 ?
>

> Thanks.
>

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:14:01 +0100, "BigBadger"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>

>>> And will the second ATA drive show up ? and be usable and not
>>> interfere with the SATA drives speed ?

>>Yep, it will show up and run just fine

Little TeaPot

Their latest drivers and different to the nvidia drivers ?

Or the same ?

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:31:27 +0100, "Mike Bernstein"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.siliconimage.com/home.asp. Enter 'drivers' in the search box and
>click 'Go'. On the next page click 'Downloads' in the list on the left, then
>'Drivers', then 'Sil3x12' and pick what you want.
>

>"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Yeah did a Hdtach test on my new SATA drive did 100 old drive does 50
>> , all the partitions are setup, using PartitionMagic XP now.
>>
>> Where can i get the SATA drivers, well new ones for my NF7-S 2.0 ?
>>

>> Thanks.
>>

>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:14:01 +0100, "BigBadger"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>Yep, it will show up and run just fine

Mike Bernstein

The ones on the Silicon Image site are the latest (if it is Windows, the
RAID driver is 1.0.0.50). Remember, it is their chip that provides SATA on
the NF7-S V2.0 not nvidia. Also remember that the SATA chip has a BIOS and
that is updated by updating the main MB BIOS. You should update that as well
if you have not done so allready. The latest BIOS from Abit provides the
4.2.47 SATA BIOS, which is also the version listed on the Silicon Image
website as the latest SATA BIOS for this chip.

"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Their latest drivers and different to the nvidia drivers ?
>
> Or the same ?
>

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:31:27 +0100, "Mike Bernstein"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>http://www.siliconimage.com/home.asp. Enter 'drivers' in the search box
>>and
>>click 'Go'. On the next page click 'Downloads' in the list on the left,
>>then
>>'Drivers', then 'Sil3x12' and pick what you want.
>>

>>"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>

>>> Yeah did a Hdtach test on my new SATA drive did 100 old drive does 50
>>> , all the partitions are setup, using PartitionMagic XP now.
>>>
>>> Where can i get the SATA drivers, well new ones for my NF7-S 2.0 ?
>>>

>>> Thanks.

Little TeaPot

Upgraded to the latest bios the other day, 26 i think.

Thanks.

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:59:57 +0100, "Mike Bernstein"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The ones on the Silicon Image site are the latest (if it is Windows, the
>RAID driver is 1.0.0.50). Remember, it is their chip that provides SATA on
>the NF7-S V2.0 not nvidia. Also remember that the SATA chip has a BIOS and
>that is updated by updating the main MB BIOS. You should update that as well
>if you have not done so allready. The latest BIOS from Abit provides the
>4.2.47 SATA BIOS, which is also the version listed on the Silicon Image
>website as the latest SATA BIOS for this chip.
>

> "Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> Their latest drivers and different to the nvidia drivers ?
>>
>> Or the same ?
>>

>> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:31:27 +0100, "Mike Bernstein"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.siliconimage.com/home.asp. Enter 'drivers' in the search box
>>>and
>>>click 'Go'. On the next page click 'Downloads' in the list on the left,
>>>then
>>>'Drivers', then 'Sil3x12' and pick what you want.
>>>

>>>"Little TeaPot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

Greger Hoel

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.siliconimage.com/home.asp. Enter 'drivers' in the search box and
>click 'Go'. On the next page click 'Downloads' in the list on the left, then
>'Drivers', then 'Sil3x12' and pick what you want.

So Sil3x12 == Sil3112A , or what?
Always cross a vampire, never moon a werewolf

To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome