Can a PC be faster in one location than other??

The Cappucinno Kid

I made a weird observation today. I took a friend's PC that I'd
been working on for 2 weeks from the city, to the country, 45 minutes
away. Without having changed a single setting, when I set it up at his
place, the entire system was much faster than what I saw an hour prior
at the city location. At least 150% faster, with EVERYTHING, not just
the net. At first I couldn't explain it, but I have what may be a plausible
theory. But I'd like to see if others have experienced this phenomenon and
can say what it's based on?

Kevin Buffardi

The Cappucinno Kid wrote:
> I made a weird observation today. I took a friend's PC that I'd
> been working on for 2 weeks from the city, to the country, 45 minutes
> away. Without having changed a single setting, when I set it up at his
> place, the entire system was much faster than what I saw an hour prior
> at the city location. At least 150% faster, with EVERYTHING, not just
> the net. At first I couldn't explain it, but I have what may be a plausible
> theory. But I'd like to see if others have experienced this phenomenon and
> can say what it's based on?

Any differences in location should be negligable (except for internet
connection, that is).

There are ideal temperatures that the electronics should perform at, but
it's doubtful you would notice any difference (unless it overheats).

Maybe it was just in dire need of a reboot?

Or maybe grass is always greener, yada yada.

//Kevin

CJT

The Cappucinno Kid wrote:
> I made a weird observation today. I took a friend's PC that I'd
> been working on for 2 weeks from the city, to the country, 45 minutes
> away. Without having changed a single setting, when I set it up at his
> place, the entire system was much faster than what I saw an hour prior
> at the city location. At least 150% faster, with EVERYTHING, not just
> the net. At first I couldn't explain it, but I have what may be a plausible
> theory. But I'd like to see if others have experienced this phenomenon and
> can say what it's based on?

better weed?

minimize spam. Our true address is of the form (E-Mail Removed).

daytripper

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:41:23 GMT, CJT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The Cappucinno Kid wrote:
>> I made a weird observation today. I took a friend's PC that I'd
>> been working on for 2 weeks from the city, to the country, 45 minutes
>> away. Without having changed a single setting, when I set it up at his
>> place, the entire system was much faster than what I saw an hour prior
>> at the city location. At least 150% faster, with EVERYTHING, not just
>> the net. At first I couldn't explain it, but I have what may be a plausible
>> theory. But I'd like to see if others have experienced this phenomenon and
>> can say what it's based on?
>>

>better weed?

and that's my nominee for Post of the Week ;-)

CJT

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
<snip>

Somebody has had too much cappuccino.

minimize spam. Our true address is of the form (E-Mail Removed).

The Cappuccino Kid

"Kevin Buffardi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4286cc6b$0$79459$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Cappucinno Kid wrote:
> > I made a weird observation today. I took a friend's PC that I'd
> > been working on for 2 weeks from the city, to the country, 45 minutes
> > away. Without having changed a single setting, when I set it up at his
> > place, the entire system was much faster than what I saw an hour prior
> > at the city location. At least 150% faster, with EVERYTHING, not just
> > the net. At first I couldn't explain it, but I have what may be a

plausible
> > theory. But I'd like to see if others have experienced this phenomenon

and
> > can say what it's based on?

> Any differences in location should be negligable (except for internet
> connection, that is).

They weren't. So don't tell me I didn't experience what I did fool, simply
because you have no ****ing clue on earth as to what it can be attributed
to.

> There are ideal temperatures that the electronics should perform at, but
> it's doubtful you would notice any difference (unless it overheats).

The only thing doubtful here is the fact that you have any knowledge about
anything at all, clueless wonder.

> Maybe it was just in dire need of a reboot?

Or maybe you are in dire need of growing a brain, nitwit.

> Or maybe grass is always greener, yada yada.

Maybe the grass you smoke, yada yada.

> //Kevin

The Cappuccino Kid

"CJT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Cappucinno Kid wrote:
> > I made a weird observation today. I took a friend's PC that I'd
> > been working on for 2 weeks from the city, to the country, 45 minutes
> > away. Without having changed a single setting, when I set it up at his
> > place, the entire system was much faster than what I saw an hour prior
> > at the city location. At least 150% faster, with EVERYTHING, not just
> > the net. At first I couldn't explain it, but I have what may be a

plausible
> > theory. But I'd like to see if others have experienced this phenomenon

and
> > can say what it's based on?
> >

> better weed?

I don't smoke weed or take any drugs whatsoever. But I'll bet you like
smoking dick, ass bandit.

(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)

> --
> The e-mail address in our reply-to line is reversed in an attempt to
> minimize spam. Our true address is of the form (E-Mail Removed).

The Cappuccino Kid

"daytripper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:41:23 GMT, CJT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >The Cappucinno Kid wrote:
> >> I made a weird observation today. I took a friend's PC that I'd
> >> been working on for 2 weeks from the city, to the country, 45 minutes
> >> away. Without having changed a single setting, when I set it up at his
> >> place, the entire system was much faster than what I saw an hour prior
> >> at the city location. At least 150% faster, with EVERYTHING, not just
> >> the net. At first I couldn't explain it, but I have what may be a

plausible
> >> theory. But I'd like to see if others have experienced this phenomenon

and
> >> can say what it's based on?
> >>

> >better weed?

> and that's my nominee for Post of the Week ;-)

How special. One utter and complete imbecile patting the back of another.
You two must get together and butt heads to decide who gets to lick the
other's asshole.

Kevin Buffardi

> They weren't. So don't tell me I didn't experience what I did fool, simply
> because you have no ****ing clue on earth as to what it can be attributed
> to.

I didn't say you didn't perceive a notable change in performance. I'm
simply stating that simple change in location -- given all else is equal
-- doesn't noticably change a computer's performance. The phenomena was
due to another variable that you're overlooking.

You asked the question; we answered it. No need to get belligerent
because it's not the answer you wanted.

//Kevin

daytripper

On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:13:33 -0400, "The Cappuccino Kid"
<mjj#(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"daytripper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .

>plausible

>and
>> >>

>> >better weed?

>> and that's my nominee for Post of the Week ;-)

>How special. One utter and complete imbecile patting the back of another.
>You two must get together and butt heads to decide who gets to lick the
>other's asshole.

<yawn>

Time for you to switch to Decaf, nitwit...