Can read/open disk label/boot device. Broken DVD?

Sachan Uebei

Hi just wondering if I have a failed drive here.
When booting boot cdrom , recieve message "cant open boot device"
But is detected as device 0 when probe-ide is entered.
Sunfire 210
Trying to run the original cd ver8
Also wont eject via button or eject cdrom says "dont know how"
MAy somebody please confirm my thoughts as If in a normal pc enviorment
this would surly mean a faulty drive, but with the Sun I'm Such a Newby

Thanks
Sachan

Jorgen Moquist

Sachan Uebei wrote:
> Hi just wondering if I have a failed drive here.
> When booting boot cdrom , recieve message "cant open boot device"
> But is detected as device 0 when probe-ide is entered.
> Sunfire 210
> Trying to run the original cd ver8
> Also wont eject via button or eject cdrom says "dont know how"
> MAy somebody please confirm my thoughts as If in a normal pc enviorment
> this would surly mean a faulty drive, but with the Sun I'm Such a Newby
>
> Thanks
> Sachan

use
ok probe-scsi-all
If you have a Sunfire V210, disks are scsi not ide, cd/dvd player is ide.
/Jörgen

Barry OGrady

Sachan Uebei wrote:

>Can read/open disk label/boot device.

That's normal.

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

latitude d630 hard disk led broken Andy Fish Laptops 2 08-23-2008 04:21 AM
RAID1 disk errors - caused by bad disk and found by support of disk warrior/apple Marc Heusser Apple 1 07-25-2007 08:53 AM
Recovering windows XP from a broken hard disk ajsurla Tablet PC 1 11-12-2005 04:45 PM
hard disk broken? Emar Laptops 4 11-06-2005 12:24 AM
Broken CD-ROM drive, or broken Mac? Cool dude Apple 11 10-21-2003 07:07 AM