Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Canon i850 swapping from compatible back to original cartridges.

 
 
wrreisen@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi,

I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?

Any advice welcome thansk.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Stevelee
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2005, 03:48 PM


(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
>
> Any advice welcome thansk.
>


Not a lot of test pages. More likely 1 - 2 full sized photos with lots of
different colors. What do you mean non compatible cartridges? Are you getting
poor color match?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PC Medic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2005, 04:04 PM

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
>
> Any advice welcome thansk.
>


Two (3 at the most) Deep Cleanings/Head Refreshes is all that should be
needed to purge and of the other ink from the nozzles.


 
Reply With Quote
 
PC Medic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2005, 04:06 PM

" Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:LTcye.286$6%(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
>
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
>> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
>> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
>> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
>>
>> Any advice welcome thansk.
>>

>
> Not a lot of test pages. More likely 1 - 2 full sized photos with lots of
> different colors. What do you mean non compatible cartridges? Are you
> getting
> poor color match?


Printing images to flush ink from the nozzles would not be the optimum way
as you will not get equal firing on all nozzles.
Using the Head Refresh function in the Maintenance tab of driver would be
preferred method to insure all nozzles are flushed equally.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Burt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Go onto the MIS web site and download the purge files. Use the one for the
number of carts your printer has. Using the cleaning cycles adds to the
waste ink "tank" and adds a few more cycles to the counter in the printer
that eventually disables the printer until the waste tank is cleaned and/or
the counter is reset.

Depending on how close to OEM colors the compatable carts are, you may be
getting as close as you will with the OEM carts. Setting the color to
manual instead of automatic, you can tweak OEM or non-OEM prints. Even with
OEM carts each of the Canon printers has a "bias" toward certain colors.
The i960, my printer, leans slightly to Magenta. On some pictures of
people with a bit more red in their skin tones I back off the Magenta
slightly. My refilled carts with MIS inks compare favorably with the OEM
colors in side-by-side photo print comparisons.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
>
> Any advice welcome thansk.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
measekite
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005, 07:09 PM
From what you are saying (admitting) is that aftermarket carts leave a
whole lot to be desired even if they do not clog the printer.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
>need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
>bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
>previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
>
>Any advice welcome thansk.
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
measekite
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Look at all of the bullshit noname inks cause.

PC Medic wrote:

>" Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:LTcye.286$6%(E-Mail Removed) ...
>
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
>>>need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
>>>bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
>>>previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
>>>
>>>Any advice welcome thansk.
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>Not a lot of test pages. More likely 1 - 2 full sized photos with lots of
>>different colors. What do you mean non compatible cartridges? Are you
>>getting
>>poor color match?
>>
>>

>
>Printing images to flush ink from the nozzles would not be the optimum way
>as you will not get equal firing on all nozzles.
>Using the Head Refresh function in the Maintenance tab of driver would be
>preferred method to insure all nozzles are flushed equally.
>
>
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
measekite
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005, 07:13 PM


Burt wrote:

>Go onto the MIS web site and download the purge files. Use the one for the
>number of carts your printer has. Using the cleaning cycles adds to the
>waste ink "tank" and adds a few more cycles to the counter in the printer
>that eventually disables the printer until the waste tank is cleaned and/or
>the counter is reset.
>
>Depending on how close
>

:-D

> to OEM colors the compatable carts are, you may be
>getting as close as you will with the OEM carts.
>

:-D

>Setting the color to
>manual instead of automatic, you can tweak OEM or non-OEM prints. Even with
>OEM carts each of the Canon printers has a "bias" toward certain colors.
>The i960, my printer, leans slightly to Magenta. On some pictures of
>people with a bit more red in their skin tones I back off the Magenta
>slightly. My refilled carts with MIS inks compare favorably
>

:-D

>with the OEM
>colors in side-by-side photo print comparisons.
>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
>>need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
>>bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
>>previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
>>
>>Any advice welcome thansk.
>>
>>
>>

>
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005, 07:16 PM
measekite wrote:
> From what you are saying (admitting) is that aftermarket carts leave a
> whole lot to be desired even if they do not clog the printer.


I see your reading comprehension hasen't improved one bit.
Frank
 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005, 07:19 PM
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
>
> Any advice welcome thansk.
>


You may have wasted your money on the oem's and probably won't see any
difference at all.
I use only compatibles in my i9900 and I can't see any difference.
Neither can my clients.

Frank
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't go back to original BIOS on P5KC ? Steven Stone Asus 8 09-03-2007 06:00 PM
[Fwd: Replaced Gateway BIOS with Vanilla intel bios- Won't let meput original back on!] DmB Gateway 1 10-10-2006 03:17 AM
Canon i850 refill kits -- ok to use? rob Dell 3 04-20-2006 08:37 PM
Canon i850 - which driver ? (remote) Tom Apple 0 02-23-2005 04:32 AM
i850 RAM combinations Noam Avnery Intel 0 11-08-2004 09:16 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment