Can't Do a System Restore

Monica

Yes it's enabled (from day one). My Dimension 8400 is 2 months old. I've
tried no less than 6 times to restore my computer with restore points
ranging from a week earlier to the previous day. Each time it reports
incomplete...no changes were made. Hummmm, could I have disabled
something in Services that would affect this? The System Restore Properties
indicate that both hard drives are being monitored. Any ideas?
Monica

HillBillyBuddhist

"Monica" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| Yes it's enabled (from day one). My Dimension 8400 is 2 months old.
I've
| tried no less than 6 times to restore my computer with restore points
| ranging from a week earlier to the previous day. Each time it reports
| incomplete...no changes were made. Hummmm, could I have disabled
| something in Services that would affect this? The System Restore
Properties
| indicate that both hard drives are being monitored. Any ideas?
| Monica

There are some troubleshooting steps you might want to look at @
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com.../faqsrwxp.mspx

Usually however this happens when one or more of your restore points has
become corrupt. Unfortunately the only solution is to disable System Restore
reboot and reenable it. That will get System Restore working again but you
will lose all your current restore points. (not a big loss, they don't work
anyway) The problem is not uncommon with System Restore.

--
Doug

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details.

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Monica

Drats! I hate it when things don't work like they're supposed to.
Thanks Doug,
Monica
"HillBillyBuddhist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wjLCe.17478$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> "Monica" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Usually however this happens when one or more of your restore points has
> become corrupt. Unfortunately the only solution is to disable System
> Restore
> reboot and reenable it. That will get System Restore working again but you
> will lose all your current restore points. (not a big loss, they don't
> work
> anyway) The problem is not uncommon with System Restore.

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman

>ranging from a week earlier to the previous day. Each time it reports
>incomplete...no changes were made. Hummmm, could I have disabled

One thing you may want to try is a full disk-read error test (under
diagnostics). If the OS gets a read error when trying to read an
important file, the restore will fail.

(I just had this happen. For the life of me I couldn't understand why
my hive files were corrupt. Turns out it was a HW failure.)

-Joel

Fixer

Also check for trojans as some do disable system restore
news:abOCe.17139$(E-Mail Removed)...