Cant get BIOS screen AN9

Bill

Just put together new system using AN9. Everything went pretty smooth, boots
fine to Windows XP and operates fine, very fast with 8800 video card. My
problem is I cannot get into bios area to make changes. It acts as though
the video card is not intializing till after Windows starts to load. The
screen is blank until then. Any ideas??

TIA Bill

Wes Newell

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 20:24:49 -0700, Bill wrote:

> Just put together new system using AN9. Everything went pretty smooth, boots
> fine to Windows XP and operates fine, very fast with 8800 video card. My
> problem is I cannot get into bios area to make changes. It acts as though
> the video card is not intializing till after Windows starts to load. The
> screen is blank until then. Any ideas??

Start hitting the key(s) to get into the bios as soon as you see the KB
lights flash on boot.

Bill

I figured it out. Feel a little stupid, I have my pc dual connected, one
goes to my regular monitor, one goes to my 40" Sony, it would show the boot
screen on the Sony, then switch to my regular monitor. All is cool.

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Just put together new system using AN9. Everything went pretty smooth,
> boots fine to Windows XP and operates fine, very fast with 8800 video
> card. My problem is I cannot get into bios area to make changes. It acts
> as though the video card is not intializing till after Windows starts to
> load. The screen is blank until then. Any ideas??
>
> TIA Bill

Junior Member
Location: Santiago, Chile

Hi there,
I've the same problem, but I don't have dual display. What I've done in the search for an answer is, use either one of the DVI outputs of my vid. card randomly....where and how did you solve your problem?
Thx,

ip35 pro cant get bios screen bob Abit 1 03-28-2008 09:13 PM
Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X - Soundblaster PCI Won't Work - No Parallel Connector Damaeus Abit 6 03-07-2007 03:58 AM
AN9 32x Fatality Altea Abit 1 02-10-2007 10:00 PM
Abit Fatal1ty and AN9 32X Motherboard Recall Paul D. Motzenbecker, Jr. Abit 0 08-02-2006 11:12 AM
Recall of some AN9 32X boads John Lewis Abit 0 07-21-2006 05:15 PM