I can't import my old Thunderbird email into new Thunderbird

phillip.s.powell@gmail.com

My computer got a complete OS upgrade a few weeks ago from RHEL 3 to
RHEL 4. On my RHEL 3 I had Thunderbird 0.8; the sysadmin put in
Thunderbird 1.0.7 on RHEL 4. I have very important old email backed up
that I must restore, however, "Import" fails to obtain it.

What must I do to re-retrieve my old email?

Thanks
Phil

Helper

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> My computer got a complete OS upgrade a few weeks ago from RHEL 3 to
> RHEL 4. On my RHEL 3 I had Thunderbird 0.8; the sysadmin put in
> Thunderbird 1.0.7 on RHEL 4. I have very important old email backed up
> that I must restore, however, "Import" fails to obtain it.
>
> What must I do to re-retrieve my old email?
>
> Thanks
> Phil

Wrong Thunderbird! This group is about AMD Athlon processors.

http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name...ticle&artid=21
has clickable links to all the Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird
groups. As the page says, "Set your port to 563 and make
sure that SSL is enabled in your account settings" because the groups
are on a secure news server. I suppose clicking a link in Firefox will
send Thunderbird in the right direction.