can't open boot device

ball

hi all,

my sun blade shown 'can't open boot device' when i want to reinstalled
the solaris.

and i would like to know how can i define the device-path after type
probe-scsi-all :

/pci@8,700000/scsi@6
Target 6
Unit 0 removable read only device TOSHIBA DVD-ROM
SD-M1411077

thx

Trinean

> my sun blade shown 'can't open boot device' when i want to reinstalled
> the solaris.
>
> and i would like to know how can i define the device-path after type
> probe-scsi-all :
>
> /pci@8,700000/scsi@6
> Target 6
> Unit 0 removable read only device TOSHIBA DVD-ROM
> SD-M1411077

The device path for the DVD-ROM, assuming this is a Sun Blade 1000/2000,
should be:

/pci@8,700000/scsi@6/sd@6,0

Unless someone changed the default alias for 'cdrom' in the NVRAM it should
already be correct per your probe-scsi.
If SD-M1411077 is the same as the Toshiba SD-M1401 then make sure you have
applied firmware patch 111649-04.

What does:

# iostat -E | grep DVD

from the currently installed OS say?

Trinean

ball

thanks for the reply.

the command reply
vendor: toshiba product: dvd-rom sd-m1401 revision: 1007 serial no:

thx

Trinean gDG

> The device path for the DVD-ROM, assuming this is a Sun Blade 1000/2000,
> should be:
>
> /pci@8,700000/scsi@6/sd@6,0
>
> Unless someone changed the default alias for 'cdrom' in the NVRAM it should
> already be correct per your probe-scsi.
> If SD-M1411077 is the same as the Toshiba SD-M1401 then make sure you have
> applied firmware patch 111649-04.
>
> What does:
>
> # iostat -E | grep DVD
>
> from the currently installed OS say?
>
> Trinean

Trinean

> thanks for the reply.
>
> the command reply
> vendor: toshiba product: dvd-rom sd-m1401 revision: 1007 serial no:
>
> thx

Definitely apply patch 111649-04 which will upgrade the revision to 1009 and
should allow you to boot off of newer media.

Trinean