Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Can't Run Dawn Demo with 3.7?

 
 
Porcupuff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2003, 05:58 PM
I haven't been constantly checking whether the nvidia Dawn demo was still
able to run with each update to the catalyst driver, but all I do know for
sure is that I was able to run it before with the opengl wrapper that allows
it to be executed on an ATI card. But I can't run it now, and the wrapper
is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the executable. I recently upgraded to
catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone else have this
problem now with the 3.7 driver?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
methylenedioxy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2003, 06:13 PM

"Porcupuff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5VI8b.183785$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
> I haven't been constantly checking whether the nvidia Dawn demo was still
> able to run with each update to the catalyst driver, but all I do know for
> sure is that I was able to run it before with the opengl wrapper that

allows
> it to be executed on an ATI card. But I can't run it now, and the wrapper
> is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the executable. I recently upgraded

to
> catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone else have this
> problem now with the 3.7 driver?
>

Yes. I never ran it before 3.7 anyway, but I can't run it either, tried both
wrappers....


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
DrWho
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2003, 06:48 PM
Porcupuff said...
> I haven't been constantly checking whether the nvidia Dawn demo was still
> able to run with each update to the catalyst driver, but all I do know for
> sure is that I was able to run it before with the opengl wrapper that allows
> it to be executed on an ATI card. But I can't run it now, and the wrapper
> is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the executable. I recently upgraded to
> catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone else have this
> problem now with the 3.7 driver?


Yep. It ran fine with Cat3.6, but won't run with 3.7.

--
My email address is BillG at Royal dot Org
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lithurge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2003, 06:51 PM
"methylenedioxy" <methylenedioxy@*thecork*ntlworld.com> wrote
in news:V6J8b.1494$(E-Mail Removed):

>
> "Porcupuff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5VI8b.183785$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
>> I haven't been constantly checking whether the nvidia Dawn
>> demo was still able to run with each update to the
>> catalyst driver, but all I do know for sure is that I was
>> able to run it before with the opengl wrapper that

> allows
>> it to be executed on an ATI card. But I can't run it now,
>> and the wrapper is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the
>> executable. I recently upgraded

> to
>> catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone
>> else have this problem now with the 3.7 driver?
>>

> Yes. I never ran it before 3.7 anyway, but I can't run it
> either, tried both wrappers....
>
>



As posted by Bob Knowlden in a previous thread, this link'll
sort you out.

http://tinyurl.com/n95w

Quick summary is ATI have removed a certain functionality
from their drivers, copying the relevant dll from an old
release to the dawn bin folder will sort it. There's a link
to the file in the forum thread.
 
Reply With Quote
 
methylenedioxy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2003, 08:20 PM

"Lithurge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93F5C9FACF551xasd23dsf@130.133.1.4...
> "methylenedioxy" <methylenedioxy@*thecork*ntlworld.com> wrote
> in news:V6J8b.1494$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> >
> > "Porcupuff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:5VI8b.183785$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
> >> I haven't been constantly checking whether the nvidia Dawn
> >> demo was still able to run with each update to the
> >> catalyst driver, but all I do know for sure is that I was
> >> able to run it before with the opengl wrapper that

> > allows
> >> it to be executed on an ATI card. But I can't run it now,
> >> and the wrapper is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the
> >> executable. I recently upgraded

> > to
> >> catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone
> >> else have this problem now with the 3.7 driver?
> >>

> > Yes. I never ran it before 3.7 anyway, but I can't run it
> > either, tried both wrappers....
> >
> >

>
>
> As posted by Bob Knowlden in a previous thread, this link'll
> sort you out.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/n95w
>
> Quick summary is ATI have removed a certain functionality
> from their drivers, copying the relevant dll from an old
> release to the dawn bin folder will sort it. There's a link
> to the file in the forum thread.


Cheers, now running properly, although it is pretty crap compared to ati
flavourings......
If you lot are into demo's heres one of the best I have ever seen:
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9450


 
Reply With Quote
 
Lithurge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2003, 08:51 PM
"methylenedioxy" <methylenedioxy@*thecork*ntlworld.com> wrote
in news:7_K8b.933$(E-Mail Removed):


> Cheers, now running properly, although it is pretty crap
> compared to ati flavourings......
> If you lot are into demo's heres one of the best I have
> ever seen: http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9450
>
>


To be fair ATI have yet to produce a 'human' skin texture demo
though. We have to turn to hacked NV ones for that

Can't fault the impressiveness of the chimp demo though for fur.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas GEORGE
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2003, 11:07 PM
not true:
http://www2.ati.com/misc/demos/ATI-8...-Demo-v1.1.exe (its in the
Raedon 8000 area)



"Lithurge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93F5DE68ED9BCxasd23dsf@130.133.1.4...
> "methylenedioxy" <methylenedioxy@*thecork*ntlworld.com> wrote
> in news:7_K8b.933$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>
> > Cheers, now running properly, although it is pretty crap
> > compared to ati flavourings......
> > If you lot are into demo's heres one of the best I have
> > ever seen: http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9450
> >
> >

>
> To be fair ATI have yet to produce a 'human' skin texture demo
> though. We have to turn to hacked NV ones for that
>
> Can't fault the impressiveness of the chimp demo though for fur.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Lithurge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-14-2003, 12:47 PM
"Thomas GEORGE" <t_george_of_spam,@club-internet.fr> wrote in
news:3f63a333$0$20953$(E-Mail Removed)-internet.fr:

> not true:
> http://www2.ati.com/misc/demos/ATI-8...-Demo-v1.1.exe
> (its in the Raedon 8000 area)
>

Ok.

I'll rephrase it.

ATI haven't produced a human skin demo that will show off the
most recent hardware using DX9

I've even found some of the older demos won't work on the 9700
Pro, I'll have a go with this one, but suspect it won't look as
good as Dawn.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Toby Groves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-14-2003, 09:26 PM
In article <7_K8b.933$(E-Mail Removed)>,
methylenedioxy <methylenedioxy@*thecork*ntlworld.com> writes
>If you lot are into demo's heres one of the best I have ever seen:
>http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9450


Pretty though that one is, I still think *the* most impressive demo
produced is ATI's Pipe Dream.
--
Toby
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Dawn demo error - won't run Nvidia 5 02-22-2004 04:13 PM
Dawn Demo... can I run it with the radeon AIW ? Gareee© ATI 1 09-13-2003 03:39 AM
Dawn Demo error Terence Gui ATI 5 09-11-2003 12:31 AM
Dawn Demo on Radeon 9700 Pro Adster ATI 11 09-09-2003 11:11 PM
Nvidia Dawn demo on ATI Dr Richard Cranium ATI 8 07-26-2003 09:34 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment