Can't see some video clips on new 8400.

larry hill

When I go to watch a movie preview on Netflix site, video comes out
distorted - like cartoonish negatives. This only happens for some
video clips, other previews display fine from the same site. Same
thing happens on espn.com ; some videos are distorted. Do i need to
download some new codex's?? or something? Sorry if this is the wrong
place to ask, just point me in the right direction!

Christopher Muto

i found similar odd behavior with windows media player 9 when my display
resolution was set very high (1400+)... consider reducing your display
resolution to see if your issue may be related to that.

"larry hill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I go to watch a movie preview on Netflix site, video comes out
> distorted - like cartoonish negatives. This only happens for some
> video clips, other previews display fine from the same site. Same
> thing happens on espn.com ; some videos are distorted. Do i need to
> download some new codex's?? or something? Sorry if this is the wrong
> place to ask, just point me in the right direction!

larry hill

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:14:50 GMT, "Christopher Muto"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i found similar odd behavior with windows media player 9 when my display
>resolution was set very high (1400+)... consider reducing your display
>resolution to see if your issue may be related to that.

Thanks, Christopher, but tried reducing resolution with no help. I'm
running at 1600x1200 with a 2001FP and Radeon 300. Guess I can upgrade
to Media Player 10 and see if it helps.

RRR_News

Larry,
Are you trying to view Disney/BuenaVista/Touchtone Studio movie trailers, as
well as ESPN feeds. It might not be a media player problem, but actually a
problem with Disney/ABC/ESPN servers feeding to other websites.

You may also need to download the latest version of Flash Player.
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...nguage=English

Also if you are using a NVIDIA Video graphics card, you may need to upgrade
the drivers for it:
www.nvidia.com

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i found similar odd behavior with windows media player 9 when my display
>resolution was set very high (1400+)... consider reducing your display
>resolution to see if your issue may be related to that.

Thanks, Christopher, but tried reducing resolution with no help. I'm
running at 1600x1200 with a 2001FP and Radeon 300. Guess I can upgrade
to Media Player 10 and see if it helps.

larry hill

I upgraded to wmp10 and everything seems fine now! Thanks anyways!
This 8400 really is a fine machine!

Alex Flaherty

larry hill wrote:
> I upgraded to wmp10 and everything seems fine now! Thanks anyways!
> This 8400 really is a fine machine!

I have exactly the same problem, I assumed I was missing some codecs or
something but in the end I downloaded BSPlayer from
http://www.bsplayer.org/ and I use that as my default media
player.......very nice free utility.

tellme

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:23:09 GMT, larry hill
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:14:50 GMT, "Christopher Muto"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>i found similar odd behavior with windows media player 9 when my display
>>resolution was set very high (1400+)... consider reducing your display
>>resolution to see if your issue may be related to that.

>Thanks, Christopher, but tried reducing resolution with no help. I'm
>running at 1600x1200 with a 2001FP and Radeon 300. Guess I can upgrade
>to Media Player 10 and see if it helps.

If you have Norton Internet Security the default settings sometimes
will not allow you to see things with scripts in them. Such as The
Apprentice page that has videos on it. The page has pearl script on
it. You would have to adjust your settings in NIS.

Help Needed: Dimension Motherboard clips Gene S. Berkowitz Dell 10 08-04-2005 06:11 PM
MX46-533V heatsink clips? Charles Gilley AOpen 5 12-10-2003 01:20 PM
Problem with P750 Triple Head: Viewing Video Clips, while using TV-card PCTV PRO Pinnacle Francis Arteel Matrox 1 10-31-2003 10:19 PM
Playing HDTV clips on ATI cards hg ATI 3 10-08-2003 04:41 PM
Trade Motion clips (Artbeats, Eyewire, Digital juice, Digital Vision...etc) footage Matrox 0 09-12-2003 01:13 PM