Cant Use alt character codes on presarioC300

angelyoudesire@aol.com

Ive tried using the alt key followed by 3 digit numbers to type
foreign characters while im writing, but it doesn't seem to work at
all, even using 4 digit codes too. Ive put my num lock on and it still
wont work. I don't have a seperate number key pad to the right, so I
worry if thats why, but surely if your laptop doesn't have a seperate
number keypad, shouldn't you be able to do it with the numbers at the
top of the keypad?

paulmd@efn.org

> Ive tried using the alt key followed by 3 digit numbers to type
> foreign characters while im writing, but it doesn't seem to work at
> all, even using 4 digit codes too. Ive put my num lock on and it still
> wont work. I don't have a seperate number key pad to the right, so I
> worry if thats why, but surely if your laptop doesn't have a seperate
> number keypad, shouldn't you be able to do it with the numbers at the
> top of the keypad?

On desktops, the alt+nnn only works with the number pad.

On laptops, there's a pseudo number pad that shares keys with the
right hand side letters. They can be accessed by pressing the fn key.
The numbers are commonly colored blue.

Try alt+fn+nnn, and see if you get results.