Catalyst resolution settings not sticking?

Gary

I thought it was about time I upgraded my driver for the old 9500 Pro, so I
completely uninstalled the old one (6.4) and installed the latest:
8-12_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_72271
All was fine to begin with but upon rebooting it no longer remembers the
resolution settings and reverts to 1024x768

I've done a search but can't see a reason for this, any suggestions are
welcome.

Regards,
Gary

Augustus

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gko1p0$4c6$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I thought it was about time I upgraded my driver for the old 9500 Pro, so I
> completely uninstalled the old one (6.4) and installed the latest:
> 8-12_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_72271
> All was fine to begin with but upon rebooting it no longer remembers the
> resolution settings and reverts to 1024x768
>
> I've done a search but can't see a reason for this, any suggestions are
> welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Gary

Try just the display driver and not the entire Ctalyst suite.
(it's the one with 8-12_xp32_dd_72271.exe file name) Failing that, post more
details about your system as well as trying progressively older display
driver versions from the present......

Gary

"Augustus" <no_one@no_where.net> wrote in message

> Try just the display driver and not the entire Ctalyst suite.
> (it's the one with 8-12_xp32_dd_72271.exe file name) Failing that, post
> more details about your system as well as trying progressively older
> display driver versions from the present......

Thanks. I've not had a chance to do that yet, but it would appear the
problem is caused after setting the TV display. This defaults to 1024x768
(where it normally shows a scrolled portion of my desktop 1680x1050
resolution). It doesn't appear this figure can be changed and thereafter
causes the desktop to always boot into 1024x768

Gary

I've switched back to an older version: catalyst-8-111-050222a-021277c

No problem with that, so it's clearly a problem with the later/latest
version(s)

Gary

I've since tried other earlier versions, the problem seems to be appear with
the big change in Catalyst, I think when it requires Net Framework to
function. Anyone know the final version before this?

It seems such a glaring error I'm amazed that no-one else has encountered it
and that it's not been fixed by now.

Mike Ray

Gary wrote:
> I've since tried other earlier versions, the problem seems to be appear with
> the big change in Catalyst, I think when it requires Net Framework to
> function. Anyone know the final version before this?
>
> It seems such a glaring error I'm amazed that no-one else has encountered it
> and that it's not been fixed by now.

I just put upgraded to a HD3650. If CCC has to reset my card my desk top
always goes back to 1024x768 (from 1280x1024). This only seems to happen
with one game (Raven Shield) and then not often. A bigger problem I has
is CCC, for some reason, begins to grow in memory usage until my desk
top begins to slow down and then studder. I have to start Task Manager
and close CCC which fixes everything. I would remove CCC but the card
reset lets me continue the online game to get to good exit point (or get
killed...LOL). I used the driver on the HD3650's CD, I will update
sometime soon.