CCS compiler - installation file name

Andrew

Just over a year ago I purchased and downloaded a copy of the CCS compiler
from www.ccsinfo.com.

I now need to re-install it but I cannot locate the original download file,
although I suspect that it is somewhere amongst the 10's GB on my hard disc.
However, I can't remember the filename to search for it. Can anyone help
please?

Alan Holt

Look for ccsc.exe

Brett

"CBFalconer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Amused wrote:
> > Andrew wrote:
> >
> > > Just over a year ago I purchased and downloaded a copy of the
> > > CCS compiler from www.ccsinfo.com.
> > >
> > > I now need to re-install it but I cannot locate the original
> > > download file, although I suspect that it is somewhere amongst
> > > the 10's GB on my hard disc. However, I can't remember the
> > > filename to search for it. Can anyone help please?

> > Since you are running windows, I would suspect that if you go to
> > the "start" tab on the left-bottom corner, then click on "find"
> > a popup window should appear asking what file or folder you want
> > to find.
> >
> > My best guess would be to type CCS*.* and then wait for the
> > results of the search.

> In general the OP would be well advised to make all such downloads
> to a "dnld" directory. If he then installs 4dos (or 4nt) (see
> <http://jpsoft.com>) as his default command processor he will be
> able to create suitable description entries, and to search on
> those entries in the future, besides having all the advantages of
> a decent shell.
>
> Normal backup procedures should guard adequately against future
> disk failures, as long as he doesn't use Microsoft backup
> software. XXCOPY is recommended.

MS Backup does ok in NT. Its main problem is that damaged/incomplete backups
cannot be recovered. It is possible to overcome this problem, though
Microsoft would have you think otherwise.

> --
> Chuck F ((E-Mail Removed)) ((E-Mail Removed))
> Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net> USE worldnet address!

CBFalconer

Brett wrote:
> "CBFalconer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

.... snip ...

> > Normal backup procedures should guard adequately against future
> > disk failures, as long as he doesn't use Microsoft backup
> > software. XXCOPY is recommended.

> MS Backup does ok in NT. Its main problem is that damaged/incomplete
> backups cannot be recovered. It is possible to overcome this problem,
> though Microsoft would have you think otherwise.

If history is any guide, no MS backup will restore from an earlier
backup after upgrading the OS.