CD-Rom Boot Disabled

Mitch

Hi,

I have a Compaq Armada 1540DM computer, running NT Terminal Server and
Windows ME on the same drive. My problem was when I first got the
laptop, it used to be able to boot from a cd. Then, here's me being
stupid, I downloaded an old BIOS update and replaced a new BIOS update
with an old one (I don't know what I was thinking). Now it won't boot
off a cd which is causing me problems because I wan't to install
Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PC's on this laptop. Is there some
setting I can change or something to make this work????.

~Mitch

Colin Wilson

> Is there some setting I can change or something to make this work????

The BIOS ?

Mitch

On Mar 19, 3:30 pm, Colin Wilson
<(E-Mail Removed) o.uk> wrote:
> > Is there some setting I can change or something to make this work????

> The BIOS ?

No, checked all the settings in BIOS, has no reference to the CD-ROM
boot, doesn't even list a CD-ROM as a device, but it does in
Windows...Helping you out any????

~~Mitch

Colin Wilson

> > > Is there some setting I can change or something to make this work????
> > The BIOS ?

> No, checked all the settings in BIOS, has no reference to the CD-ROM
> boot, doesn't even list a CD-ROM as a device, but it does in
> Windows...Helping you out any????

When I said the BIOS, I meant to re-flash the bugger to one that works
:-}

Mitch

Guys....

Thanks for all your help. I found an article on the Compaq forums,
and it redirected me to a flash update for the BIOS. I downloaded it,
installed it, and it updated my BIOS to 1999. My cd-rom boot re-
enabled.....Thanks,

Mitch~~