Celeron 1.1A@1466MHz on BF-6 not cutting it any more

Fishface

This Celeron 1.1A@1466MHz on a BF-6 was serving well as an internet surfing and
email machine until the family became enamored with Webkinz (www.webkinz.com).
The flash games are just too much for it. I watched the CPU usage while playing
"Home Before Dark," in which you click to turn tiles with various path shapes to
get a bunch of rats home before dark ( http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=grvo1Ts-T8c ).
It pretty much maxed-out the CPU and slowed to the point where it effected gameplay.

I'm using a Matrox G400 Max, and unless Flash could offload some graphics functions
to a better GPU, I'm afraid it's a sad day and I'm going to have to retire this fine old
machine. Turning off the game's background music only helped a little. Any thoughts?
Just let it go?

Zeppo

"Fishface" <(E-Mail Removed)?> wrote in message
> This Celeron 1.1A@1466MHz on a BF-6 was serving well as an internet
> surfing and
> email machine until the family became enamored with Webkinz
> (www.webkinz.com).
> The flash games are just too much for it. I watched the CPU usage while
> playing
> "Home Before Dark," in which you click to turn tiles with various path
> shapes to
> get a bunch of rats home before dark (
> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=grvo1Ts-T8c ).
> It pretty much maxed-out the CPU and slowed to the point where it effected
> gameplay.
>
> I'm using a Matrox G400 Max, and unless Flash could offload some graphics
> functions
> to a better GPU, I'm afraid it's a sad day and I'm going to have to retire
> this fine old
> machine. Turning off the game's background music only helped a little.
> Any thoughts?
> Just let it go?

Might be time to let it out to pasture. I donated my BE6 to my mother-in-law
who is an email only user last year. I have visiting rites to clean out spam
every month.

Jon