Chaintech CT-7VJD2, what CPUs supported?

Aki Peltola

My CPU (TB1200) died and now I'm searching for a
replacement. Problem is that old TB/Palomino Athlons
seem hard to find - so does anyone know if this mobo
supports newer CPU models like Duron (Morgan) or
XP Thoroughbred? BIOS is the latest, dated 04/11/01.

I suppose Bartons and Semprons are absolutely out
of the question...

lasr

The chipset on the Motherboard will probably support any AMD with 266 Mhz
FSB. But, the BIOS is quite old and I guess you will run in to trouble
with that. Buy yorself a another MB. The 7VJD2 is known to be a crappy MB.

LASR

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 01:40:14 +0200, Aki Peltola <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My CPU (TB1200) died and now I'm searching for a
> replacement. Problem is that old TB/Palomino Athlons
> seem hard to find - so does anyone know if this mobo
> supports newer CPU models like Duron (Morgan) or
> XP Thoroughbred? BIOS is the latest, dated 04/11/01.
>
> I suppose Bartons and Semprons are absolutely out
> of the question...

Aki Peltola

"lasr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> The chipset on the Motherboard will probably support any AMD with 266 Mhz
> FSB. But, the BIOS is quite old and I guess you will run in to trouble
> with that. Buy yorself a another MB. The 7VJD2 is known to be a crappy MB.

Apparently that mobo supports CPUs quite well considering
it's age, I recently tested Barton 2600+ and it booted without
problems identifying CPU as Athlon XP. But of course speed
was only 11.5x133=1530MHz.

So I guess if Bartons work, every other CPU below that
works too? Some 2600+ T-bred (266FSB) would bring
some nice boost I think :-) I also tested 512MB ddr400-
memory and it worked fine too. Now, to hunt those parts
cheap...