Change Airport icon based on connection?

Yeechang Lee

I'd like the Airport menubar icon to change shape or color depending
on the current Wi-fi network connection. Suggestions?

Barry Margolin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Yeechang Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'd like the Airport menubar icon to change shape or color depending
> on the current Wi-fi network connection. Suggestions?

This article explains how to replace the menubar icon manually:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.ph...11022014642236

It shouldn't be hard to write a script that does it automatically,
selecting the appropriate file to substitute depending on the current
connection. You can use a launch daemon to trigger the script when the
network configuration directory changes.

--
Barry Margolin, (E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA