how to change bios time?

flubie

I bought a second-hand Compaq Evo N800v and I want to change the bios time.
How to do that? I press F10 when the computer boots up and enter to the
bios setup, but I can't find an option to change bios date/time in the
menu.

Thanks for any help.

Trai' La Trash

After you hit F1 or the escape key to enter the bios use the tab key or
right left up down arrows to change fields.

+/- and page up and down changes values.
Don't forget to save your changes.

"flubie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3ff5d3b8$0$16874$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I bought a second-hand Compaq Evo N800v and I want to change the bios

time.
> How to do that? I press F10 when the computer boots up and enter to the
> bios setup, but I can't find an option to change bios date/time in the
> menu.
>
> Thanks for any help.

flubie

I did that already. The problem is the field to change date/time is
unavailable.

Trai' La Trash wrote:

> After you hit F1 or the escape key to enter the bios use the tab key or
> right left up down arrows to change fields.
>
> +/- and page up and down changes values.
> Don't forget to save your changes.
>

> "flubie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3ff5d3b8$0$16874$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I bought a second-hand Compaq Evo N800v and I want to change the bios

> time.
>> How to do that? I press F10 when the computer boots up and enter to the
>> bios setup, but I can't find an option to change bios date/time in the
>> menu.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

Trai' La Trash

Do the latest bios and Rom updates on it and it should fix the problem.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...?lang=en&cc=us

"flubie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3ff5d9ad$0$196$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I did that already. The problem is the field to change date/time is
> unavailable.
>
> Trai' La Trash wrote:
>
> > After you hit F1 or the escape key to enter the bios use the tab key or
> > right left up down arrows to change fields.
> >
> > +/- and page up and down changes values.
> > Don't forget to save your changes.
> >

> > "flubie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:3ff5d3b8$0$16874$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I bought a second-hand Compaq Evo N800v and I want to change the bios

> > time.
> >> How to do that? I press F10 when the computer boots up and enter to

the
> >> bios setup, but I can't find an option to change bios date/time in the
> >> menu.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help.

flubie

I will try that. Thanks.
Are you sure that updating bios will do no harm to data in the hardisk?

Trai' La Trash wrote:

> Do the latest bios and Rom updates on it and it should fix the problem.
> http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...book/us/family

model/4125.html?lang=en&cc=us

> "flubie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3ff5d9ad$0$196$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I did that already. The problem is the field to change date/time is
>> unavailable.
>>
>> Trai' La Trash wrote:
>>
>> > After you hit F1 or the escape key to enter the bios use the tab key
>> > or right left up down arrows to change fields.
>> >
>> > +/- and page up and down changes values.
>> > Don't forget to save your changes.
>> >

>> > "flubie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:3ff5d3b8$0$16874$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > time.

> the

Trai' La Trash

Flubie I've never had a problem running any of the Compaq rom updates they
have always worked easy.(I have a few Compaq laptops)
While your at it if you have highspeed you should download them all and make
a list of them and put them on disk.
If you have the call Compaq support the first thing they check is that you
have the latest updates.

Dave
news:3ff5e001$0$64992$(E-Mail Removed)...