how to change CPU clock speed on compaq PC?

peter

I have a compaq SR1520NX using AMD sempron 3100+ with an OEM mobo K8S-LA and
phoenix award bios:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00257657

In the setup screen it says CPU speed 1800 MHz and it is grayed out (not
changeable).

The spec for this mobo says it supports athlon64 3700+, I wonder if it is
possible for me to increase the CPU clock frequency and how to do so?

Wes Newell

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:47:08 +0000, peter wrote:

> I have a compaq SR1520NX using AMD sempron 3100+ with an OEM mobo K8S-LA and
> phoenix award bios:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00257657
>
> In the setup screen it says CPU speed 1800 MHz and it is grayed out (not
> changeable).
>
> The spec for this mobo says it supports athlon64 3700+, I wonder if it is
> possible for me to increase the CPU clock frequency and how to do so?

Look in the bios. If there's a setting for it you can. Otherwise you can't.:-)

Dylan C

peter wrote:
> I have a compaq SR1520NX using AMD sempron 3100+ with an OEM mobo K8S-LA and
> phoenix award bios:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00257657
>
> In the setup screen it says CPU speed 1800 MHz and it is grayed out (not
> changeable).
>
> The spec for this mobo says it supports athlon64 3700+, I wonder if it is
> possible for me to increase the CPU clock frequency and how to do so?

You can try a software tool. CrystalCPUID or ClockGen might do it.
there are others but none come to mind right now.

http://crystalmark.info/software/Cry...D/index-e.html
http://www.cpuid.org/clockgen.php

Make sure you know what overclocking could do to your system before you
get too carried away. Otherwise the subject line of your next post
might read "HELP!!"

-Dylan C

peter

"Dylan C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can try a software tool. CrystalCPUID or ClockGen might do it. there
> are others but none come to mind right now.
>
> http://crystalmark.info/software/Cry...D/index-e.html
> http://www.cpuid.org/clockgen.php
>
> Make sure you know what overclocking could do to your system before you
> get too carried away. Otherwise the subject line of your next post might
> read "HELP!!"

I'm stuck at the PLL selection. The chip on the mobo is

ICS CA 530270
0505
952805BF

The PLL list on cpuid.org shows it is SiS chip set, which is correct.
However, I still have no idea which PLL to choose, because the list does not
contain anything resembling 952805 or anything using SiS. But why would they
list the chip on the web site, and not in the actual tool??