Changing AppleID on Transferred Machines

John McWilliams

On 8/7/12 PDT 7:16 AM, Fred Moore wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Lewis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> In message <(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>
>> Fred Moore <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Lewis, in order to make this work, do you need 3 accounts if you have
>>> one computer?

>> My account ont the computer has my Apple ID and then the additional
>> shared apple id. Her account has her apple id and the shared apple id.
>>
>>> I'd think everything would get completely confused using
>>> one account on one computer and multiple iCloud account/iDevices.

>> Why would anyone ever use one account for multiple people? That way
>> madness lies.

> One account is much easier to administer and share music/photos. You
> don't have to go through the hassle of storing stuff in shared and
> changing perms. If there's an easier way, please enlighten me.

Is it not quite workable to use the same calendar, but have separate sub
calendars, for, say Lewis' business, Wife's business, Joint Social,
Joint business, etc.? Then one can tick on or off those that are or
aren't of interest, but still easily view, say, dinner bookings of the
other in order to make joint plans, etc.?

I am not saying Lewis should do this, I just wonder if that might have
any pitfalls. I am single now, but won't be that way forever, so joint
workings of the calendar is interesting to ponder.

Wes Groleau

On 08-07-2012 00:32, Lewis wrote:
> In message <jvpj5p$kf1$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Wes Groleau <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 08-06-2012 17:49, Lewis wrote:

>>> Why would anyone ever use one account for multiple people? That way
>>> madness lies.
>>>
>>> *NEVER* do this. Everyone has their own accounts on the computers. Even
>>> houseguests we expect to see more than once get their own accounts.

>> See the contradiction?

> No, I don't.

Sorry to hear that. He said _one_ ID would not work; you said "Works
perfectly well" And then made it clear that you don't believe _one_ ID
works perfectly well.

--
Wes Groleau

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI

Davoud

After a bunch of convoluted nonsense, Wes Groleau wrote concerning
iCloud accounts:

> Sorry to hear that. He said _one_ ID would not work; you said "Works
> perfectly well" And then made it clear that you don't believe _one_ ID
> works perfectly well.

My wife and I share the same Apple ID and the same iCloud account. It
works very well. The only thing missing is for my wife to be able to
sync her Safari bookmarks with her iOS thingies. That seems to be
unimportant to her, so we don't count that as a negative. Shared
calendars, contacts, iTunes music, &c are a big convenience.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Lewis

In message <jvsjk3$3aj$(E-Mail Removed)>
Wes Groleau <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 08-07-2012 00:32, Lewis wrote:
>> In message <jvpj5p$kf1$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Wes Groleau <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> See the contradiction?

>> No, I don't.

> Sorry to hear that. He said _one_ ID would not work; you said "Works
> perfectly well" And then made it clear that you don't believe _one_ ID
> works perfectly well.

I think there was some massive snippage there.

--
You and me Sunday driving Not arriving

Wes Groleau

On 08-08-2012 00:34, Lewis wrote:
> I think there was some massive snippage there.

Of course there was. I don't subscribe to the "bury the information in
irrelevant verbage" philosophy of so many of today's Usenetters.

--
Wes Groleau

"What progress we are making! In the Middle Ages, they would have
burnt me; nowadays they are content with burning my books.”
— Sigmund Freud, 1933
"He was never to know that even that was only an illusory progress,
that ten years later they would have burned his body as well.”
— Ernest Jones, 1953