Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Changing CPU Speeds

 
 
Brett Tyre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2004, 07:14 AM
I've just finished setting up my Athlon XP 3000+ system. A week ago, my
BIOS read the CP as 2167MHz. Today, I had some massive trouble installing
Windows XP Pro, and finally had to grab another copy of it. Now, both
Windows and my BIOS read the CPUas1743 MHz. Everything else runs fine.

The motherboard isa DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B. Other than changing the boot
settings, I did not change anything in the BIOS. A side note: on the first
copy of Windows I installed, Windows did not even register the CPU.

What happened, and I how can I fix it?

--
--
NP:
Brett Tyre
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
www.geocities.com/brett_tyre
London Drugs, Comp. Dept.
"I have something I want to tell you.I'm not like other guys.No, I mean I'm
different." -Michael Jackson "Thriller"


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brett Tyre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2004, 07:19 AM
CPU-Z reports1737.3 MHz, multiplier of 13, FSB of133.6MHz,and bus speed of
267.3 MHz.

--
--
NP:
Brett Tyre
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
www.geocities.com/brett_tyre
London Drugs, Comp. Dept.
"I have something I want to tell you.I'm not like other guys.No, I mean I'm
different." -Michael Jackson "Thriller"
"Brett Tyre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Rh5Ob.25654$De.16738@edtnps84...
> I've just finished setting up my Athlon XP 3000+ system. A week ago, my
> BIOS read the CP as 2167MHz. Today, I had some massive trouble installing
> Windows XP Pro, and finally had to grab another copy of it. Now, both
> Windows and my BIOS read the CPUas1743 MHz. Everything else runs fine.
>
> The motherboard isa DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B. Other than changing the

boot
> settings, I did not change anything in the BIOS. A side note: on the

first
> copy of Windows I installed, Windows did not even register the CPU.
>
> What happened, and I how can I fix it?
>
> --
> --
> NP:
> Brett Tyre
> (E-Mail Removed)
> (E-Mail Removed)
> www.geocities.com/brett_tyre
> London Drugs, Comp. Dept.
> "I have something I want to tell you.I'm not like other guys.No, I mean

I'm
> different." -Michael Jackson "Thriller"
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wes Newell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2004, 08:57 AM
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:19:19 +0000, Brett Tyre wrote:

> CPU-Z reports1737.3 MHz, multiplier of 13, FSB of133.6MHz,and bus speed of
> 267.3 MHz.
>

So set the FSB back to 166MHz like it's supposed to be.

--
Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brett Tyre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2004, 05:14 PM
That worked. I thought the FSB was low when I checked last night,but it was
late and I really didn't feel like messing around with it when I was that
tired.

Thanks!

--
--
NP:
Brett Tyre
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
www.geocities.com/brett_tyre
London Drugs, Comp. Dept.
"I have something I want to tell you.I'm not like other guys.No, I mean I'm
different." -Michael Jackson "Thriller"
"Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) ...
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:19:19 +0000, Brett Tyre wrote:
>
> > CPU-Z reports1737.3 MHz, multiplier of 13, FSB of133.6MHz,and bus speed

of
> > 267.3 MHz.
> >

> So set the FSB back to 166MHz like it's supposed to be.
>
> --
> Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
abit av8 - is there a way to use software or a utility to control my case fan, cpu fan speeds? louisk Abit 0 09-24-2005 07:34 AM
Bus speeds and CPU Speeds Peter Mount Laptops 1 06-19-2005 01:06 PM
changing FSB and AGP speeds (Dell Dimension 4300) Chris Hardware 3 09-15-2004 06:41 PM
Does the new VIA KT880 allow changing of fsb without affecting thePCI/AGP access speeds? Asfand Yar Qazi AMD Overclocking 2 04-13-2004 11:19 AM
kd7a/2500+ & cpu temp & fan speeds tony Abit 2 01-30-2004 08:28 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment