Channel 9 Tablet PC Videos (Recap)

Christopher Coulter

Channel 9 Video Recap, all in one in case missed any. And more to come, a
demo of ArtRage and some of the Asian character reco...

What's cool about the upcoming Tablet PC software?
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7603#7603
"Peter Loforte, general manager of the Tablet PC team, shows us what is
cool about the upcoming Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 software update
(code-named "Lonestar") This is a free update and will automatically come
with the upcoming Windows XP Service Pack 2."

Is the Tablet PC technology good enough for using the pen only?
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7724
"One of the questions the Tablet PC team gets a lot is "is it really ready
to use with only a pen?" Robert Williams is the executive in charge of
working with OEM partners. He does a lot of market research, and gathers
feedback from OEMs and customers and knows just how hard it is to get
people to give up the keyboard, and talks about some of those challenges
here."

New Tablet PC powertoy under development
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7859
"Susan Cameron, group product manager, for the Tablet PC group, shows off
a yet-to-be-released PowerToy for the Tablet PC that converts all the
fonts used on the desktop to your own handwriting -- she also shows off
why the Tablet PC is better for people who are left handed."

What language/tool did you use to write the Tablet PC's drivers?
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7855
"Michael Tsang is a software design engineer on the Tablet PC team. What
does that mean? He's the guy who wrote the driver software for the
digitizer. He also wrote the software that handles what happens when you
push on the buttons on the Tablet PC (like the ones that make your page
scroll up or down)."

What is the most suprising thing you've seen a Tablet PC used for?
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7720
"Hot tubs? Coffee holders? Burt Parker is the OEM Product Manager on the
Tablet PC team and he shares the most interesting things he's seen a
Tablet PC used for."

The Tablet PC has changed my life (in bed)
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=8248
"It's not often that you get a general manager at Microsoft to admit that
he brings his computer to bed. But that's not the only way the Tablet PC
has changed his life, in this video he explains how the form factor of the
Tablet PC has enabled him to use a computer in places and ways that he
never was able to before."

How does Tablet PC's digitizer work?
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=8237
"Michael Tsang is the guy who writes the drivers for the Tablet PC's
digitizer, so if there's one guy who really knows how it works, it's him."

Mickey Segal