Cleaning a processor

Richard Bailey

I had to RMA a mb back so I'll have to reinstall the processor (barton
2500+) when it gets back. What's the best way to clean the old heat sink
goop off with out damaging the processor? This was the stock (new) heat sink
plus a little arctic silver.

Thanks

Richard

Wes Newell

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:51:44 -0400, Richard Bailey wrote:

> I had to RMA a mb back so I'll have to reinstall the processor (barton
> 2500+) when it gets back. What's the best way to clean the old heat sink
> goop off with out damaging the processor? This was the stock (new) heat sink
> plus a little arctic silver.

I don't know the properties of AS, but I usually just wipe the thermal
paste off with a rag. If the cpu is real dirty, I wash it with the dishes
(sink, not dishwasher)

Dylan

heh
theres a few tips at
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm

stay clean

"Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsan.2004.08.12.04.55.26.31109@TAKEOUTverizon. net...
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:51:44 -0400, Richard Bailey wrote:
>
> > I had to RMA a mb back so I'll have to reinstall the processor (barton
> > 2500+) when it gets back. What's the best way to clean the old heat sink
> > goop off with out damaging the processor? This was the stock (new) heat

sink
> > plus a little arctic silver.
> >

> I don't know the properties of AS, but I usually just wipe the thermal
> paste off with a rag. If the cpu is real dirty, I wash it with the dishes
> (sink, not dishwasher)
>
> --

Richard Bailey

Thanks for the link.

news:411bac3e$0$16336$(E-Mail Removed)...