Closing Terminal Windows

Lucy New

Hi. In a nutshell, I'd like to know how to make a terminal window close
when I type 'exit'. When I open a saved .term file and type 'exit' the
window closes automatically. Please can someone tell me how to
configure my shell so that this happens with ALL terminal windows I
open? I'm using bash under Panther, but I'd also like to know how it's
done in tcsh, too, if poss. Used to have this sorted out under Jaguar,
but now I can't remember how I did it...

TIA for any help or advice
Love
Lucy N

Bob Harris

In article <2004052714021950073%unavailable@herecom>,
Lucy New <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi. In a nutshell, I'd like to know how to make a terminal window close
> when I type 'exit'. When I open a saved .term file and type 'exit' the
> window closes automatically. Please can someone tell me how to
> configure my shell so that this happens with ALL terminal windows I
> open? I'm using bash under Panther, but I'd also like to know how it's
> done in tcsh, too, if poss. Used to have this sorted out under Jaguar,
> but now I can't remember how I did it...
>
> TIA for any help or advice
> Love
> Lucy N

Under the Terminal.app, "Window Settings...", "Shell" settings, select
the "When the shell exits:" option you want. Then click on the "Use
Setting as Default".

Bob Harris