CMOS Battery Replacements for Axcel 105

mpetch

Hello All,

A friiend of mine who still has uses for an Axcel 105 (486sx-25 mhz
system) had an issue during bootup. Upon investigating it was clear the
CMOS battery had died. Does anyone know the part number or specific
battery model that could be used to replace the current battery.

I tooked a quick look at the motherboard and I'm assuming the
replacement battery is "external" and is plugged into some of the
jumpers on the board. Lstly, does anyone know where the current battery
is on this unit and or where it is replaced on the unit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Petch

arfer

the battery will either be a round silver disc like a watch battery or
one that looks like a 9v battery with two wires comein out of it
the watch type came in two sizes so if thats the type u have best
remove and call into your local watch shop if its the 9v battery
loolin type you may struggle to find one i woulddo a google search
for that type but your local pc shop might have on knockin about
hope this helps

Ben Myers

Nope. The computer is ancient enough that C2032 3v lithium coin-type batteries
were not in use. The battery is undoubtedly an external battery, a large one
affixed with velcro to the chassis and two wire leads to a two-pin header on the
motherboard. Typical external battery voltages back then were 3.6v, 4.5v and
6v. With the latter, a 4-battery pack of 1.5v AA batteries was sometimes
used... Ben Myers

On 28 Feb 2006 17:03:53 -0800, "arfer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>the battery will either be a round silver disc like a watch battery or
>one that looks like a 9v battery with two wires comein out of it
>the watch type came in two sizes so if thats the type u have best
>remove and call into your local watch shop if its the 9v battery
>loolin type you may struggle to find one i woulddo a google search
>for that type but your local pc shop might have on knockin about
>hope this helps

mpetch

I want to thank the people who responded. I went back into the system
and found the battery (Large cilindircial 3.6v 60mAh battery).

For those that are interested this 486-25 has a jumper block of 4 pins
for an external battery (Well there are 3 pins but 1 is deliberately
missing - and is designed this way). The jumper block is near the built
in battery and is labelled "jbt" (I assume short for jumper battery)

Battery replacements for this unit are standard B220.

Mike

Ben Myers

Sounds right, IIRC. The missing pin on the battery header matches the connector
on the battery leads. It makes sure that the battery + and - are oriented
correctly... Ben Myers