COD played on X850XT PE = blanked menus anyone got a fix?

Ken Maltby

I recently reinstalled "Call Of Duty" on my Asus A8N-E
running a DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4800+. The
video card is a ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum, running
Omega drivers. (2.6.75a (5.10a) now)

The last time I was running it was on an Asus A7N8X-E
with an Athlon XT 3000+ and a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro,
with no problems.

Now it seems to install and start ok, but the menus are
unreadable. No text is visible on the single player menus
and its all black on black fields that you can page through
with the arrow keys. I have the latest game patch installed.
Google searching has turned up a couple posts with a
similar problem, but no answers.

Anyone seen this before and have some idea how it might
be made to work?

Luck;
Ken

Chris Bedford

"Ken Maltby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently reinstalled "Call Of Duty" on my Asus A8N-E
> running a DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4800+. The
> video card is a ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum, running
> Omega drivers. (2.6.75a (5.10a) now)
>
> The last time I was running it was on an Asus A7N8X-E
> with an Athlon XT 3000+ and a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro,
> with no problems.
>
> Now it seems to install and start ok, but the menus are
> unreadable. No text is visible on the single player menus
> and its all black on black fields that you can page through
> with the arrow keys. I have the latest game patch installed.
> Google searching has turned up a couple posts with a
> similar problem, but no answers.
>
> Anyone seen this before and have some idea how it might
> be made to work?
>
> Luck;
> Ken

I think it may be the AA is on max. Looks good in games but menus don't
seem to work sometimes looking blurry. Try switching AA aa off.

Chris

Ken Maltby

"Chris Bedford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:I8t9f.108$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I think it may be the AA is on max. Looks good in games but menus don't
> seem to work sometimes looking blurry. Try switching AA aa off.
> Chris

Not the problem, on or off same thing.
/Ken