code 2A error during POST

Junior Member

I just bought a brand new video card popped it in booted up installed the drivers then when it gave me the message to reboot and i did. Now the screen won't even post. It's just blank. I looked and saw the error code 2A. I tried to restart again and again the same thing. So i cleared the CMOS took out the battery and restart this time the screen comes on and i hit the "del" key and set the BIOS then saved settings and restart. This time i get the blank screen again and a 7F error code so i hit F1 to continue and the hard drives clicking away olike it booting up by still a blank screen and an FF error code. So i reboot again and again it goes back to where I started and i get the blank screen and error code 2A.

Ive got an Abit AW8D board with the latest BIOS update. Any help would be nice.

Last edited by IW404; 03-10-2009 at 06:33 AM..

Junior Member

have u figured out the solution to this problem?